World Health Organization Recruitment: For the World Health Organization (WHO) Recruitment 2023, applications are being accepted from interested and suitably qualified candidates.
World Health Organization Recruitment
The World Health Organization (WHO) as the leader in global public health issues is committed to building future leaders in public health.
Facility-based childbirth is increasing globally and in Ghana, but high proportions of avoidable maternal and perinatal morbidity and mortality still occur in facilities. A major roadblock identified is the suboptimal Quality of Care for mothers and newborns. It has, therefore, become necessary to go beyond maximizing coverage of essential interventions to ensure the quality of care to accelerate reductions in maternal and perinatal mortality and severe morbidity.
WHO together with UNICEF and other partners launched the Network for Improving the Quality of Care (QoC) for Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health (MNCH). The vision of the WHO-led Quality of Care Network is a future where “Every mother and newborn receives quality care throughout pregnancy, childbirth and postnatal period”. The four strategic objectives of the network are centered on Leadership, Action, Learning, and Accountability. Ghana is among the 10 first-wave Network countries to implement this quality improvement initiative.
Job Title: Vaccines Initiative Officer
Description Of Duties
The incumbent will have the following assigned responsibilities/duties:
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, programme reviews, and annual sectoral reviews with government and other partners to assess performance and help formulate required action/interventions to ensure improvement
- Conduct and update the situation analysis for the development, design, and management of immunization-related programmes
- Support the application and implementation of accelerated disease control activities towards the achievement of eradication (polio), elimination (measles & rubella), and control of vaccine-preventable diseases
COVID-19 Vaccine Delivery
- Provide technical support and day-to-day coordination and collaboration with the EPI Programme, partners, and other stakeholders on COVID-19 vaccination with a focus on vaccination among most disadvantaged populations and high risks communities
- Participate in monitoring of COVID-19 vaccination roll-out, including field site visits, identifying issues, solutions, and priority actions with stakeholders. This includes technical support for developing and implementing digital tools and strategies for real-time monitoring.
- Provide technical support related to data management, analysis, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting for COVID-19 vaccination
- Support and facilitate relevant training, orientation, and workshops to build the capacity of health workers, community members, and partners on COVID-19 vaccination, including microplanning, community engagement outreach, and monitoring.
- Support and participate in communications and visibility, collecting stories from the field, including human interest stories.
- Monitor COVID-19 vaccine registration, reception, and track expiry.
- Support safety monitoring of COVID-19 vaccines.
- Olam Ghana Recruitment
- Food and Agriculture Organization Recruitment
- Jotella Media Group Recruitment
- GDS Africa Recruitment
- BezoMoney Recruitment
New Vaccine Introduction
- Support implementation of studies to establish local level data and evidence on disease burden and other data including cost-effectiveness analysis to support new vaccine introduction
- Support the country to put together the country’s application documents to Gavi or any other supporting organization
- Provide technical support for the introduction of new vaccines including the development of introductory guidelines, capacity building, deployment monitoring, post-introduction evaluation, etc
Impact studies on vaccines on the National Immunization Schedule
- Provide technical support to the EPI Programme to continue implementation of the malaria vaccine pilot including scale-up to other districts
- Support impact studies on new vaccines including vaccines for rotavirus diarrhea and pneumonia
- Support implementation of studies to monitor the impact of rubella-containing vaccines on congenital rubella syndrome in Ghana
Innovation, knowledge management, and capacity building
- Identify, document, and share lessons learned/best practices for knowledge development and to build the capacity of stakeholders.
- Apply innovative approaches and promote good practices to support the implementation and delivery of concrete and sustainable program results.
- Participate as a resource person in capacity-building initiatives to enhance the competencies of stakeholders.
Advocacy, networking, and partnership building
- Build and sustain effective close working partnerships with development partners, research institutions, academia, and sub-national stakeholders through sharing of information and knowledge to enhance program implementation and build the capacity of stakeholders
- Participate in the EPI coordination meetings to collaborate with the government and other partners on operational planning to integrate and harmonize WHO’s mission and strategies.
Advanced university degree in Medicine, Public Health, Epidemiology, or Health Related Sciences
Diploma or Certificate in Vaccinology, Immunisation systems or related fields
- At least five (5) years of experience at the national and/or international level in the implementation of immunization programmes. A previous working experience in low and middle-income countries will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated professional experience working at the country level providing technical advice and services to national counterparts, the Ministry of Health, and other external partners on planning, monitoring, and evaluation of immunization programmes including new vaccine introduction.
- Relevant experience in using data for decision-making and strong data management skills
- Experience in programme management and working with diverse teams
- Relevant work experience with WHO and/or UN agencies, and health cluster partners; experience working in relevant nongovernmental or humanitarian organizations.
- Demonstrable experience in the management of Immunization systems and large-scale vaccination campaigns.
- Experience in applying, introducing, and evaluating new vaccine introduction, including coordination of vaccine effectiveness studies
- Experience working with National Expanded Program on Immunization (EPI) and with the WHO will be an asset
- Strong knowledge of the principles and practices of planning, implementation, supervision, and monitoring of immunization services including large-scale vaccination programs in response to vaccine-preventable disease (VPD) outbreak
- Proven experience in providing capacity building on the use of immunization data for decision making
- Presentation skills and competencies in communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to solve and explain technical issues and take part in training activities with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to write in a clear and concise manner.
- Knowledge of WHO practices and procedures is an advantage.
- Communicating in a credible and effective way
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Fostering integration and teamwork
- Creating an empowering and motivating environment
- Producing results
Excellent knowledge of English.
Working knowledge of local languages
WHO offers staff in the National Professional officer category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at 289,101.00 CEDI subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply
If you have any questions concerning World Health Organization Recruitment, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, with your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.