University of Victoria International Undergraduate Scholarships in Canada 2022/2023.
University of Victoria Canada International Undergraduate Scholarships: The University of Victoria is pleased to invite applications for the University of Victoria International Undergraduate Scholarships 2022 in Canada. The Scholarship is designed for International students entering a full-time undergraduate degree program at the University.
University of Victoria Canada Scholarship
- University of Victoria Canada ranking
- University of Victoria Tuition fees for international students
- University of Victoria International students
- University of Victoria Acceptance rate
- University of Victoria, Canada ranking and review
- University of Victoria Graduate programs
- University of Victoria programs
- University of Victoria Address
The Scholarship is aimed Pt sponsoring talented and passionate Student both National and International and also strengthens the cultural bond between the Canadians and the International communities.
The University of Victoria is a large research university located in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada.
The University of Victoria, founded in 1963, is the oldest university in British Columbia and began as Victoria College in 1903, as an affiliated branch of McGill University.
All applicants to UVic (regardless of country of origin or citizenship status) are required to demonstrate competence in the English language prior to admission.
What to Know About Scholarships
A scholarship is an award of financial aid for a student to further their education at a private elementary or secondary school, or a private or public post-secondary college, university, or other academic institution.
Scholarships are awarded based upon various criteria, such as academic merit, diversity and inclusion, athletic skill, financial need, among others. Or some combination of these criteria.
Types of Scholaships you Should Know
Merit-based: The most common merit-based scholarships, awarded by either private organizations or directly by a student’s intended college, recognize academic achievement or high scores on standardized tests.
Most such merit-based scholarships are paid directly by the institution the student attends, rather than issued directly to the student.
Need-based: Some private need-based awards are confusingly called scholarships, and require the results of a FAFSA (the family’s EFC). However, scholarships are often merit-based, while grants tend to be need-based.
Student-specific: These are scholarships for which applicants must initially qualify based upon gender, race, religion, family, and medical history, or many other student-specific factors.
Minority scholarships are the most common awards in this category
Career-specific: These are scholarships a college or university awards to students who plan to pursue a specific field of study. Often, the most generous awards to students who pursue careers in high-need areas such as education or nursing.
College-specific: College-specific scholarships are offered by individual colleges and universities to highly qualified applicants. These scholarships are given on the basis of academic and personal achievement. Some scholarships have a “bond” requirement.
Recipients may be required to work for a particular employer for a specified period of time or to work in rural or remote areas; otherwise, they may be required to repay the value of the support they received from the scholarship.
Athletic: Awarded to students with exceptional skill in a sport. Often this is so that the student will be available to attend the school or college and play the sport on their team, although in some countries government funded sports scholarships are available, allowing scholarship holders to train for international representation
Brand scholarships: These scholarships are sponsored by a corporation that is trying to gain attention to their brand, or a cause.
Sometimes these scholarships are referred to as branded scholarships. The Miss America beauty pageant is a famous example of a brand scholarship.
Level/Field of Study:
Scholarships are designed for Students pursuing an undergraduate program at the University of Victoria and theScholarships are awarded to study all the subjects offered by the university.
20 scholarships of $10,000 each are awarded to academically outstanding international students
Scholarships are open to international students.
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
To be eligible, international students must normally be:
- Entering their first year in an undergraduate degree program at UVic and meet UVic’s academic and English proficiency requirements. See English Language Proficiency requirements
- A current secondary school student or have graduated within the last two years and have not attended a post-secondary institution
- Accepted to UVic with an admissions “A” average
- Admitted to UVic a minimum of 32 International Baccalaureate points
- An international student studying at UVic on a Canadian study permit (changes to your citizenship status may effect your scholarship eligibility)
- Grade 12 Interim (current student)/ Final (graduated student) transcript deadline: February 28
- All applicants to UVic (regardless of country of origin or citizenship status) are required to demonstrate competence in the English language prior to admission.
How to Apply For University of Victoria Canada Scholarship
Eligible candidates are automatically referred to Student Awards & Financial Aid by Undergraduate Admissions.
- International students must send in an interim transcript (if a current secondary school student) or a final transcript (if a student has graduated within two years of application and has not attended another post-secondary institution) by February 28 to Undergraduate Admissions to be assessed for an International Scholarship.
- Eligible candidates are automatically referred to Student Awards & Financial Aid by Undergraduate Admissions.
International students must be admitted to the University of Victoria before being considered for an entrance scholarship.
If you have any questions concerning University of Victoria Canada Scholarship, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, with your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.