UNDP Ghana Recruitment: UNDP Ghana Recruitment 2023 invites applications from interested and adequately qualified candidates.
UNDP Ghana Recruitment
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations’ global development network. Headquartered in New York City, UNDP advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience, and resources to help people build a better life.
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: Project Supervisor
The project includes three components:
• Selection and training of unemployed youth to construct household toilets in the community. Activities include supervising the construction of household toilets including containment units, superstructures with related facilities, and washing facilities. The training component involves the development and adoption of selection criteria for the unemployed youth, building technical capacities and guidance to connect and fulfill the demand for household toilets in the community.
• Civic education and targeted campaigns to educate community members and create demand for household toilet and;
• Setting up and management of a revolving fund to provide loans to households to privately fund the construction of toilets, working closely with the fund manager to effectively administer the funds and meet project objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Supervisor, under the supervision of the Kumasi Metropolitan Assembly and under close coordination with UNDP will be accountable for the following tasks:
• Coordinate all project implementation activities;
• Establish the workplan and coordinate the project team to ensure timely delivery of the project;
• Supervise day-to-day management of the project, including coordinating and supervising consultants;
• Prepare periodical and situational progress reports and monitor project progress and challenges regularly;
• Overview requests and documents required for payments of consultants, contractors and suppliers;
• Design and organize training and workshops;
• Ensure the development and implementation of quality assurance procedures for all household toilet constructions;
• Prepare and advise bidding process for hiring consultancy and contracting service providers;
• Ensure value for money on budgetary issues; and
• Facilitate any dispute resolution regarding to project implementation.
Qualification Required & Experience
Min. Education requirements
• Master’s Degree in Urban Planning, Engineering or related fields; or a Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Planning, Engineering with seven (7) years of relevant work experience is required.
Min. years of relevant work experience
• A minimum of five (5) years with a Master’s Degree or seven (7) years with a Bachelor’s Degree of relevant working experience on urban development or sanitation projects is required.
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.) is required.
Desired skills in addition to the competencies covered in the Competencies section
• Experience working in sanitation projects in Kumasi or other municipalities in Ghana is an asset.
• Proven professional experience focusing on client management and working with a diverse team will be an asset.
• Knowledge and experience of UN procurement and contracting procedures are assets.
• Experience in implementing Agenda 2030 at the local level is an asset.
• Experience in capacity building, advocacy, and knowledge management is an asset.
- Newmont Mining Corporation Graduate Trainee Recruitment
- Golden Star Exploration Ltd Recruitment
- Google Ghana Recruitment
- Gold Fields Ghana Recruitment
- World Health Organization (WHO) Recruitment
• Proficiency in the English language is required.
• Working knowledge of Twi and/or Hausa language is an added advantage.
How to Apply
interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply
If you have any questions concerning UNDP Ghana Recruitment, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, with your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.