UC Merced Acceptance Rate – UC Merced Admission Requirements, California University Acceptance Rate, UC Merced Visa Process, California University Admission Requirements…See more details below.
California ranks UC Merced as #70 with a 74% acceptance rate which is one of the lowest for acceptance rate. UC Merced admits students who score in the top 58%. The University of California Merced typically accepts and attracts “B+” average high school students. Only 12% of those admitted chose to enroll in the school.
University Of California- Merced stagging an acceptance rate of 74%, enrolls more than 8,000 students each year and is the first American Research University of the 21st century.
UC Merced as at 2019/2020 academic year, 18,294 out of 25,424 applicants were admitted.
If you meet the university’s requirements, you stand a good chance of being admitted into the school.
University of California – Merced focuses generally on research for sustainability and the development of future generations.
Undergraduates at UC Merced can avail themselves of 24 “new, groundbreaking majors” and 25 minors. There are many specialized research institutes and centers and plenty of further opportunities, which are aimed at the growth of the students. In fact, within the campus, there are multiple programs to help support the growth of students.
UC Merced is the first American Research University of the 21st century, and offering 24 Minors and 22 Majors in undergraduate programs, and also 14 graduate programs.
Below are some of the most important things to know about admission into UC Merced:
Applications are invited for Fall and Spring sessions.
Application is done online, through the university’s portal for both the undergraduate and graduate applicants.
UC Merced accepts both TOEFL and IELTS scores as proof of English proficiency.
- Sacred Heart University Acceptance Rate and Admission Requirements
- Barnard College Acceptance Rate & Admission Requirements
- San Diego University Acceptance And Enrollment Rate
- Durham University Acceptance Rate
UC Merced Visa – University of California Merced Visa
International applicants must complete their visa process in time.
Applicants must keep track of their application status.
The University offers admission to three Schools:
- School of Engineering
- School of Natural Sciences
- School of Social Sciences, Humanities, Arts
UC Merced Admission Information
Application Portal University Application
Application Fee (non-refundable) Undergraduate- 80 USD
Graduate- 140 USD
Acceptance Rate – 74%
Average ACT Score – 24
Number of Students – 8000
Academic Calendar – Semester based
Intake Seasons – Fall and Spring
UC Merced Admission Deadline
Check below to see the application period and deadlines of admission into UC Merced.
Fall – November 1-30
Spring – July 1- August 31
Fall – January 15
Spring – October 1
University Of California Merced International Student Admissions Requirements
- All the academic records/transcripts from the previously attended institution(s):
- Certified by the institution’s office registrar.
- Sent directly from the issuing institute a stamped and sealed envelope.
- Official transcripts in non-English must be accompanied with a certified English translation.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 3.4 Gpa in the last two years of their previous program.
- GRE/GMAT exam scores as per program requirements.
- Proof of English proficiency for non-native English speakers.
- 3 Letters of recommendation ate mandatory for graduate admissions.
- An updated resume consisting of professional experience and educational qualifications.
- Letter of Intent or Statement of purpose which highlights an applicant’s career objective and future goals.
UC Merced Departmental requirements
In addition to the general admission requirements, some departments require a separate departmental application, portfolio, audition or interview.
UC Merced Visa Process for International Students
International applicants will be issued Form 1-20 from the university.
Applicants will need to provide the following documents to receive the Form 1-20:
- Copy of passport
- Proof of financial support
- Bank statement
- Sponsor letter, if applicable
Complete the 1-20 and pay the SEVIS 1-901 then need to apply for the F-1 or J-1 visa. Submit the form and pay the application fee.
Attend the visa interview.
University Of California Merced Undergraduate Admission
- High school diploma/transcript
- SAT/ACT scores
- Proof of residency
- Guidance counselor’s recommendation
- English proficiency test score for international applicant
- Secondary school certificate of completion
- GPA of 3.4 or above
- Completion of 15 year long academic courses with a 3.4 GPA:
- 2 years of history (in place of U.S. history, history of your country)
- 4 years of composition and literature in the language in which you are instructed
- 3 years (four years recommended) of college-preparatory mathematics that include the topics covered in elementary and advanced algebra and two- and three-dimensional geometry.
- Two (2) years of integrated science or 2 years of laboratory science (biology, chemistry, and/or physics)
- Two (2) years of a second language
- One (1) year long course (or 2 semesters) of visual and performing arts
University Of California Merced Graduate Admission
The University of California Merced offers courses in Applied Mathematics, Bioengineering, Chemistry, Economics, Physics, Public Health, and Sociology.
The application fee is 140 USD. The academic requirements to for admission into the school is also listed below:
- Equivalent Undergraduate degree
- 3.0 GPA and above
- GMAT/GRE Test Scores
All the Graduate courses requires general GRE scores except Physics which requires subject specific score.
- 3 Letters Of Recommendation
- 1 Statement Of Purpose
- Personal History Achievements/ Contribution.
If you have any questions concerning UC Merced Acceptance Rate And Admission Requirements, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
Do well to share this information, with your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.