Sri Lanka Government Undergraduate Scholarships 2022/2023 Application.
Sri Lanka Government Scholarships Application Form Portal: The Government of Sri Lanka invites applications from suitably qualified students into the Sri Lanka Government Undergraduate Scholarships for students.
About Sri Lanka Government Undergraduate Scholarships
The Government of Sri Lanka Presidential Scholarships programme for Foreign Students implemented by the Ministry of Higher Education and Highways has been in operation for seven years.
That provides scholarships annually to foreign students from identified countries. It is hoped that this would bring about stronger educational and cultural ties with friendly nations. This scholarship scheme offers international students a chance to enrol themselves in undergraduate programs conducted by some state universities in Sri Lanka.
We are sure that the scholarship winners will be exposed to an environment with academic excellence, the culture of hospitality in an Asian setting and enticing climatic conditions. Applications are invited from eligible students for the award of undergraduate scholarships offered by the Ministry of Higher Education and Highways (MoHEH), Sri Lanka for the academic year 2022/2023 and the courses are to commence in September 2022.
Since this is a government to the government scholarship program, candidates shall apply for this scholarship with the recommendation of the government nominating agency (i.e. Ministry or the government Institution of his/her country).
Sri Lanka Government Undergraduate Scholarships Eligibility
Be a citizen of a country covered by this scholarship. A citizen of another country having Sri Lankan dual citizenship is not eligible to apply.
Candidates with results at a foreign examination held outside Sri Lanka deemed equivalent to the G.C.E. (Advanced Level) Examination of Sri Lanka are eligible to apply for admission to Universities in Sri Lanka.
Applicants are advised to attach to their applications the original letter obtained from the Examinations Board concerned, to prove that their educational qualifications are equivalent to the G.C.E.(A/L) Examination of Sri Lanka or their educational qualifications are considered for admission to a university in their own country to follow an undergraduate course of study leading to a Bachelor’s Degree.
Applicants should ensure that all required passes should be obtained in one and the same sitting under a recognized Board of Examinations subject to the rules set out by the Education Authority of the country concerned.
Applicants should attach to their applications the certified copies of the educational certificate and the statement of results of their qualifying examination.
The copy of the educational certificate and the statement of results should be certified by the relevant Examinations Board which conducted the examination concerned.
Age: Be less than 25 years on 16.04.2019
Sri Lanka Government Scholarships Benefits
1. Free of charge tuition and registration.
2. Free Visa for studies
3. One-off settlement allowance of LKR 10,000/-.
4. A monthly living allowance of LKR 30, 000/- during the study period.
5. It is expected that the scholarship recipient will meet the expenditure for food and accommodation with the monthly allowance of LKR 30,000/- The relevant university/higher educational institute will assist in finding suitable accommodation.
6. Reimbursement of cost of airfare (economy class) to come to Sri Lanka and return to his/her country after successful completion of studies [Payment is made for original bills only].
7. Free of charge medical facilities at government hospitals other than dental related diseases.
Note: Kindly note that all above payments are made in LKR
- SM Scholarship
- Nordstrom Scholarship Program
- Harvard University Scholarships
- Troy University International Scholarship
- China Scholarship Council (CSC) / University of Sussex Joint Scholarships
How to Apply For Sri Lanka Government Scholarships
- Each applicant should submit duly perfected 3 sets (one original) of applications along with all required documents to his/her government nominating agency.
2. Each application should be recommended by the government nominating agency by filling out section 06 B of the application.
3. The government nominating agency of the applicant shall submit the applications with their recommendation to the Sri Lankan mission in his/her country for forwarding the same to the MoHEH, Sri Lanka.
4. In case a Sri Lankan mission is not present in his /her country, the government nominating agency can forward the applications directly to the MoHEH, Sri Lanka.
1. Certified copy of Birth Certificate
2. Certified copies (certified by the relevant examinations board) of the certificates and the academic transcripts of the Advanced Level and Ordinary Level Examinations or their equivalents.
3. An original letter obtained from the Board of Examinations
4. Certified copy of IELTS/TOEFL certificate
5. Certified copy of the data page of the applicant’s passport. The validity of the passport shall remain at least for 1 year after arrival to Sri Lanka
6. Certified copies of the Birth certificates of parents
7. Medical Certificate
8. Police Report
Note: Certified English translation must be provided for all the documents that are not in English.
Applications with the recommendation of the government nominating agency should be received to the address given below by on or before the deadline.
- Ministry of Higher Education and Highways
- No: 18, Ward Place
- Colombo 07
- Sri Lanka.
- Applications received from other means and the late applications will not be considered.
If you have any questions concerning Sri Lanka Government Scholarships, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, with your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.