SNV Ghana Recruitment: SNV Ghana Recruitment 2022 applications are being accepted from interested and adequately qualified applicants.
SNV Ghana Recruitment
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization that makes a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty by helping them raise their incomes and access basic services. We focus on three sectors – agriculture, energy, and water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) – and have a long-term, local presence in 24 countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. Our team of approximately 1,300 people is the backbone of SNV.
we are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Skill Development Advisor
Overview and Background
SNV has been present in Ghana since 1992. SNV is implementing the Boosting Green Employment and Enterprise Opportunities (GrEEn) project since early 2020. The project aims to promote employment, and entrepreneurship and support the greening of businesses for sustainable and climate-resilient local economies in Ghana. It is being implemented in the Ashanti and Western regions of Ghana.
Primarily funded by the European Union through its Emergency Trust Fund (EUTF) for Africa, GrEEn is being implemented by SNV Netherlands Development Organisation and the United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF).
SNV currently seeks a full-time Skills Development Specialist for the GrEEn project.
S/he will be responsible for the overall Employability and Entrepreneurship Skills Development components of the project at a national level, in coordination with the Project Manager. S/he works closely with two regional skills development advisors, as well as with project partners, service providers, and sub-contractors.
Under the supervision of the Project Manager, The Skill Development Advisoris part of the core project team, and the key responsibilities of the role will include:
Key Responsibilities of the Position
National partnership engagement
- Provide strategic technical guidance on market-driven workforce development methodologies, private sector partnerships, access to credit, entrepreneurship, etc. to key personnel, project staff, government ministries, and project partners and stakeholders.
- Facilitate the development of mechanisms for coordination, collaboration, consensus and trust building among key national actors including the government, private businesses, civil society organizations, women, media, citizens, youth, and other stakeholders.
- Develop and implement activities that facilitate preparation for youth and women participation in decision-making and the economy at the national levels.
- Discover and engage with available networks of youth support systems, networks and organisations for the planning and implementation of project activities
- Cooperate with relevant associations, umbrella organizations, and individual private sector actors within the program environment
- Advise and support/assist implementation activities & events demanded by national and international advisors in carrying out their work in Ghana upon request.
- Contribute to public relations materials and fact sheets.
- Work closely with relevant ministries such as the Ministry of Employment Labour Relations (MELR), Trade and Industries, etc, and Education.
- Facilitate demand-oriented exchange with and coordination amongst national and sub-national stakeholders, in particular Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Employment and Labour Relations, COTVET, Ministry of Education (MoE), Ministry of Trade and Industry (MOTI), related departments, associations (AGI), and companies to coordinate TVET programmes.
- Epiroc Recruitment
- GIZ Ghana Recruitment
- Last Mile Health – LMH Recruitment
- Australian Trade and Investment Commission Recruitment
- PwC Ghana Recruitment
Skills development and field activities
- Coordinate the implementation of the result 2 component of the GrEEn project (orientation and coaching the field staff)
- Provide technical advice to ensure partners’ understanding of labor market needs by the program teams and work with staff to implement curricula and training programs that are demonstrably linked to growth areas, opportunities for start-up capital, and apprenticeships.
- Provide technical advice to partners in the design and rollout of training modules and curriculum and develop appropriate locally-led approaches to build consensus around and address vulnerabilities
- Provide technical advice on activities that will decrease barriers to youth access to post-secondary training and/or market-driven workforce development programs leading to employment or self-employment.
- Develop ready-to-use strategies and technical concepts, including policies, guidelines, manuals, and procedures as part of the R2 operational plan
- In conjunction with the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, develop and assist in the measurement of youth skills development indicators, and support efforts to increase the impact of program activities.
- Coordinate with other SNV programmes and actively seeks their input and participation.
- To undertake all other relevant activities as and when assigned by the Project Manager.
- Review and summarize new business opportunities and potential partnerships in alignment with SNV priorities and strategic plan (6).
- Participate in, and/or lead, proposal writing as needed (7).
- Coordinate the process of developing and updating skills/training development donor mapping and coordinating the mapping of institutional funding opportunities (4).
- Lead the process of developing a fundraising strategy and implementation for skills/training and entrepreneurship development (5).
- Lead the development of concept notes and proposals on new and existing opportunities (3)
- Provide coaching and support to the GrEEn project skills development team (1).
- Compile, review and finalize R2 quarterly and annual reports (3).
- Actively contribute to SNV Ghana’s Business Development.
- Master’s degree plus 7 years of experience or bachelor’s degree plus 10 years of experience in a relevant discipline, such as entrepreneurship, inclusive business, agricultural economics, agribusiness, energy economics, and business administration.
- Proven track record in employability skills development in projects of similar nature, preferably in international development organizations on the following themes.
- Strong experience and networks on youth employment issues especially in the context of Ghana.
- Good knowledge of the skills development and technical training ecosystems in Ghana, including key governmental and private institutions.
- Experience in developing and/or reviewing proposal budgets and cost proposals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated good judgment and ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and work proactively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to manage complex processes and team relationships to ensure effective collaboration by various contributors to the process, including contributors from multiple offices/units and at all levels of the organization.
- Initiative taker, self-motivation, and a commitment to continuously work results oriented.
- Wide experience working in a fundraising environment and raising resources from institutional and other donors.
- Experience developing and delivering fundraising strategies.
- Experience writing successful funding proposals.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply
If you have any questions concerning SNV Ghana Recruitment , please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, with your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.