Schengen Visa Application Form and Full Requirements 2022/2023 Portal.
Schengen Visa Application Form: You can now apply for Schengen Visa. Anyone wishing to enter the Schengen Area, under whatever purpose, may be a subject to visa regime, depending on his/her nationality. The application process to obtain a European visa is compulsory for your freedom of movement.
Schengen visa Application Form Login Portal in now open for registration. If you wish to apply for a visa to Europe, the ultimate guideline of a Schengen visa application is here.
Steps in Applying for Schengen Visa Application
1. Figure Out Which Schengen Visa Type You Need
Depending on the purpose under which you need to enter the Schengen Area, you can apply for one of the Schengen visa types:
2. Find Out Where You Need to Apply
Depending on how your destination country in Schengen has regulated visa submission in your country of residence, you will have to file your Schengen visa application at one of the following:
- Their embassy
- One of their consulates
- A visa center to which the embassy of your destination country has outsourced visa submission
- The embassy of another Schengen state to which the embassy of your destination country has outsourced visa submission
3. Find the Most Suitable Time To Apply
Due to the time that the Schengen embassies worldwide need to process a Schengen visa, you have an appointed period within which you can file your visa application.
The allowed period to apply for a Schengen visa is as follows:
- The earliest you can file a visa application: three months before you start your planned trip.
- The latest you can file a visa application: at most 15 working days before you intend to travel.
- The recommended time to file a visa application: at least three weeks before your trip.
4. Book an Appointment
Book a Schengen visa appointment in order to proceed with your application. Most of the countries give you the chance to book an appointment online.
On the other hand, in others, you will need to book the appointment in person, at the embassy or consulate of your destination country.
5. Fill Out the Visa Application Form
Download the application form and fill it incorrectly and honestly.
The Schengen visa application form has the same format no matter which country’s visa it is that the applicant is applying for.
You will have to give the following information on your Schengen visa application form:
- Your personal information,
- Information on your background,
- Your purpose of wishing to enter the Schengen Area,
- Other details regarding your trip.
In order to complete and submit the form correctly, pay attention to the following tips:
6. Gather the Required Documents
The required documents are a crucial part of your visa application. Usually, these documents are categorized into two groups.
7. Attend the Visa Interview
On the day of your appointment, show up on time at the facility where you will be interviewed. There you will meet a visa consular to whom you need to hand the collected documents, as required.
During the interview, you will be asked personal questions about your whereabouts, the intended trip, and other travel details.
Make sure your answers are firm and correct, and that they comply with the information in the application form and the other documents. The interview may last around 10-15 minutes.
- Canada Visa Application
- How to Apply for Germany Transit Visa For Studies
- United Nations Scholarships Application Portal
Wait for an Answer on Your Application
Wait until you get a response on your visa application. Although in most cases it takes no more than 15 days for processing a visa, there are times when this process takes quite much longer.
That period can be extended from 15 up to 30 days in some countries concerning some citizens.
If Your Schengen Visa is Approved
If you get your visa, make sure to understand carefully the labels attached to the visa sticker, including the period it permits you to remain in Europe; otherwise, overstaying in the Schengen Area might have consequences.
General Information on Schengen Visas
All Nigerian citizens are required to obtain a Schengen visa before traveling to Germany. A Schengen visa can be issued for up to 90 days within a period of 180 days.
However, please be informed that a shorter validity may be granted depending on your purpose of visit.
What Do I Need To Do?
- You must submit a passport or other travel document issued within the last 10 years. This must have at least 2 blank pages and be valid for at least another 3 months after the date you intend to leave the Schengen area.
- You must submit a completed and signed visa application form. Each person traveling with you on your travel document must submit their own visa form. Forms for children under the age of 18 needs to be signed by a parent or guardian.
- If you are under 18 and are traveling without one or both of your parents or guardians, ask them to sign a consent form. Border guards may ask to see this form when you arrive in the netherlands
- The photo you submit with your application must meet Dutch requirements for passport photos.
- When you submit your application your fingerprints will be taken. These will remain valid for 5 years. Some applicants, such as children under the age of 12, do not need to have their fingerprints taken.
- You will be charged a fee for your application. If you apply through an external service provider you will also have to pay an extra fee to the provider.
You must also provide a number of documents to ensure that your application is assessed correctly.
Please complete the appropriate checklist:
If you have any questions concerning Schengen Visa Application Form, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, with your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.