Table of Contents
Prince Charles makes a big donation to disaster fund helping Australian bushfire and cyclone victims rebuild their lives.
Prince Charles makes a big donation to disaster fund helping Australian bushfire and cyclone victims rebuild their lives – Prince Charles has made a generous donation to victims of Tropical Cyclone Seroja and the Perth Hills bushfires in Western Australia.
- Prince Charles makes a big donation to disaster fund helping Australian bushfire and cyclone victims rebuild their lives
- Cyclone Seroja and the Perth hills bushfire’s destroyed homes earlier this year
- The Lord Mayor’s Distress Relief fun has started to pay those most affected
- Prince of Wales, Prince Charles made two donations to the disaster appeals
- The cyclone fund raised $7.6 million and the bushfire appeal raised $16.4 million
Australian Bushfire and cyclone victims rebuild their lives
The Lord Mayor’s Distress Relief fund, which supports those who lost their homes during both natural disasters, received two donations from the Prince of Wales.
The fund raised $7.6 million for cyclone victim’s and the bushfire appeal raised $16.4 million. The size of Prince_Charles’ donation was not disclosed.
Prince_Charles’ donation will go towards assisting the people most affected by the natural disasters, with the first 34 payments issued on Tuesday.
During the cyclone, residents across WA’s mid-west were told to take shelter during what Premier Mark McGowan described as a cyclone ‘like nothing we have seen before in decades
The Perth Hills bushfires destroyed a reported 86 houses and burned almost 11,000 hectares in total.
Perth Lord Mayor Basil Zempilas praised the prince’s donation, as well as the generosity of the Western Australian community.
Prince Charles makes a big donation to disaster fund
‘We have already seen the people of Western Australia, businesses across Western Australia and the eastern states respond with warmth, generosity and donations to assist those affected by these twin disasters in WA this year,’ he said.
‘The Prince of Wales has provided a very generous donation to the LMDRF.
‘It is an honour and a privilege to accept this donation and I thank His Royal Highness and the office of The Prince of Wales for working with us to make this happen’.
People affected by the disasters are still able to apply for assistance via Appeals WA.
If you have any questions concerning Australian bushfire, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, with your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.