Newmont Mining Corporation Recruitment Update: For Newmont Mining Corporation Recruitment 2023, applications are being accepted from interested and suitably qualified candidates.
Newmont Mining Corporation Recruitment Update
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana, and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo Region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: Senior Security Supervisor IESS
About This Role
- To support the Site Security Manager with the day-to-day management of all the electronic Security Systems, Project(s), and Operations. This includes management of the electronic Access Control, Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV), and all Security Command Centre (SCC) related systems and all Security Supervisors and personnel assigned when functioning in the capacity of Senior Security Supervisor.
In This Role, You Will
- Supervises the day-to-day operations of assigned Newmont Security Supervisors in managing access and egress of company property, surveillance, monitoring security systems, and responding to alarms.
- Contribute to the identification and development of Ahafo security contract tender specifications and performance requirements and measures.
- Identify security resource requirements.
- Manage the Integrated Electronic Security Systems (IESS) aspect of the outsourced security contract including the execution of security tasks to the appropriate standard at fixed installations, security operations center, and investigative and analytical functions.
- Manage relationship with security contract service provider.
- Track contractor performance as per the Service Level Agreement (SLA) and manage any non-conformance and performance related to Integrated Electronic Security Systems (ISS).
- Monitor security-related activities of Newmont’s contractors including monitoring the execution of procedures for gold shipments and precipitate transportation.
Integrated Electronic Security Systems (IESS) Management
- Daily management of all integrated electronic security systems., including access control, alarm systems, Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV), and vehicle tracking.
- Provide specialist advice on all electronic security systems. Security.
- Troubleshoot Integrated Electronic Security Systems (IESS) issues and identify and manage problem resolution.
- Develop Integrated Electronic Security Systems (IESS) operational recommendations, by analyzing requirements, developing equipment specifications, positioning
- Conduct security assessments for Ahafo site departments.
- Keep abreast of best practices and emerging security technologies.
- Supervise storing and accounting for Newmont’s equipment issued to security personnel.
Integrated Electronic Security Systems (IESS) Projects
- Manage all integrated electronic security systems projects.
- Investigate, recommend and source new security technologies for the mine.
- Understand and assess Integrated Electronic Security Systems (IESS) requirements for mining projects and developments.
- Develop specifications, scope, source, select and design Integrated Electronic Security Systems (IESS) for mining projects and developments.
- Preparation of weekly project progress reports and project administration, writing and tracking projects.
- Hold weekly project meetings.
- Manage the commission of new electronic security equipment and systems.
- First National Bank Recruitment
- Nestlé Ghana Recruitment
- Pristine Drainsters Ghana Recruitment
- AGROPAL West Africa Limited Recruitment
- HarTet Technologies Limited Recruitment
Planning and Reporting
- Prepare, perform analyses, and prepare a consolidated monthly report for review by the Security Manager for further distribution and filing.
- This report includes the status of all Integrated Electronic Security Systems (IESS) electronic, physical, data, voice, and video-related security projects.
- Assist the security manager in developing operating budgets for the security department.
- Manages Integrated Electronic Security Systems (IESS) aspect of the budget.
- Plan maintenance schedules.
- Ensure that continuous development and training are done for the Security Control Center (SCC) operators and Supervisors.
- Plan and participate in planned audits as per Integrated Management Systems (IMS) and Security workplan.
- Drive safety culture in all aspects of security operations.
- Oversee and ensure that all work carried out adheres to Health and Safety standard operating procedures.
- Deliver own prescribed outcomes and/or provide services by following Integrated Electronic Security Systems (IESS) Health and Safety systems and protocols.
- Ensure compliance with Ghanaian Law Regulations and Company Policy.
Security Control Center
- Manage the security control center, security badging, and the main security gate reception.
- Liaise with departments and contractors on badging issues and provide reports to the site security manager.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- A minimum of a BSc in Computer Science or a Professional Diploma in Security.
- Physical Security Professional (PSP) is preferable.
- Knowledge of gold plant security.
- Knowledge of vendors and suppliers applicable to the department.
- Knowledge of internal administration and communication processes, procedures, and systems.
- Knowledge and experience with electronic security systems are recommended.
- In-depth knowledge of project management.
- Knowledge of informatics systems is required.
- Working knowledge of Ghana Criminal and Mine related Laws.
- Knowledge and experience within the security industry are required.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant security systems experience.
- Prior experience working with an expatriate workforce.
- Sound supervisory and management experience.
- Must have a sound administrative background and functioning knowledge of procurement, budgeting, and reporting.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills with good oral and written communication skills.
- Sound Personal Computer (PC) Skills, including MS Office, Word Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook applications.
- Excellent people skills.
- Contract management experience.
- Communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Information monitoring and management skills.
- Planning, organizing, and prioritizing skills.
- Administrative skills.
- Detail focused.
- Results driven.
- Team player.
- Work effectively.
- The position is located at Ahafo South.
- The position may be required to travel and assist other domestic or international sites.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnic, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. As part of our diversity efforts. females are encouraged to apply.
NOTE: Newmont does not ask for or require job applicants to pay money to apply or be considered for employment with the Company. In addition, Newmont does not ask potential job candidates to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal, and only as requested for legitimate business purposes. If you are asked to provide money or sensitive personal data through any other means, do not respond, and please report this immediately to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Newmont strongly encourages all applicants to be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as the vaccine is available to them as Newmont considers vaccination to be a vital tool in the fight against the pandemic. Proof of vaccination is required for entry to certain Newmont locations and for business travel unless an exemption is required by law. Newmont may update its vaccination policies/requirements at any time at its sole discretion.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply
If you have any questions concerning Newmont Mining Corporation Recruitment Update, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, with your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.