Newmont Mining Corporation Graduate Trainee Recruitment: Applications for Newmont Mining Corporation Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2022 are being accepted from interested and adequately qualified applicants.
Newmont Mining Corporation Graduate Trainee Recruitment
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana, and Suriname.
we are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grader Operator
About This Role
- To operate grader to deliver daily maintenance of haul roads, digging and dumping floors in a safe and controlled manner.
In This Role, You Will
Grader Truck Pre-Shift and On-Shift Activities.
- Attend all pre-shift instruction meetings.
- Communicate with and receive instruction from the Shift Supervisor and follow the specified instruction and working plan, prior to the execution of activities.
- Understand the grading plan and haulage roads that need to be graded and the designated location of operation.
- Conduct work assessments and risk assessments and install controls (i.e. signage and communications), prior to grading.
- Perform pre-start checks on the graders and log results onto the JIGSAW system.
- Assess the working area to be graded to ascertain the material needed.
- Follow laid-down grading procedures and instructions.
- Run grader machinery according to standard operating procedures (SOPs) and standard task procedures (STPs).
- Observe reference sticks and hand signals and drive the grader methodically to level the road surface to the specified grade.
- Perform rough and/or fine grade finishing by methodically mixing and spreading materials to dry and prep haul roads.
- Construct road surfaces to precise grade specifications.
- Maintain drainage catchments on either side of the haul road.
- Assure that all haulage roads are motorable.
- Clear foreign rock on an ad hoc basis.
- Uphold Quality Assurance / Quality Checking standards.
- Signal Dispatcher on the two-way communication radio to inform of any detected machinery defects or issues.
- Report and escalate all accidents and incidents occurring during the shift immediately to the Dispatcher / Supervisor.
- Raise any mechanical malfunctions or service requirements to maintenance/dispatch/supervisor before, during, or after the shift.
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment.
- Perform routine cleaning to assure the continued smooth operation of the grader.
- Meet and/or exceed established performance expectations set by management.
- Assist in developing peers to perform quality excavating duties.
- Perform other related activities, as assigned by the Shift Supervisor.
Grader Post-Shift Handover
- Conduct post-shift inspections regarding hazards and defects identified and communicate these to Dispatch / Supervisor and the incoming operators for the smooth running of Operations.
- Communicate and provide work status handovers to incoming Grader Operators.
Stakeholder Management and Engagement
- Communicate with Dispatch via two-way radio.
- Communicate any machinery defects to dispatch.
- Maintain communications between Dozers, shovels, loaders, and Truck Operators.
- Ensure own grading shift work meets established statutory standards.
Health and Safety Management
- Follow all safety policies, procedures, and legislation.
- Operate the grader in a safe manner and take steps to prevent minimal wear and tear and/or damage to equipment.
- Work without risk or harm to others.
- Inspect work areas and ensure all areas comply with internal Newmont and external regulatory standards.
- Adhere strictly to internal Newmont grading standards and procedures.
- Maintain a strong focus on safety throughout all activities.
- Provide hands-on assistance during grading activities to fellow colleagues to ensure that safe work practices are followed.
- Attend daily morning safety meetings.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Senior High School Certificate.
- Mineral Commission Operators License.
- Drivers’ License.
- Knowledge of road construction materials, processes, and industry standards.
- Sound understanding of computerized controls and electronics.
- Sound understanding of issues involving ground disturbances.
- General understanding of grades.
- General knowledge of graders and other heavy equipment.
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years’ grading experience in a construction/civil environment.
- Experience in working within an active open pit mine is preferable.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to sit at a desk for extended periods, climb stairs, walk and stand.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the field environment is minimal. Occasional exposure to noise, fumes, high temperature, moving machinery, hazardous materials, sharp edges, dust, pinch-points, vibration, slippery surfaces, and extreme weather conditions.
- Protective Equipment (PPE): Work requires mandatory PPE such as helmets, goggles, highly visible clothing, safety harness, ear plugs, and dust mask according to working conditions.
- The incumbent occasionally has to work overtime.
- United States Pharmacopeia Recruitment
- Marie Stopes Ghana Recruitment
- JSI Research and Training Institute Recruitment
- Sarpsolutions Ltd Recruitment
- Nova Vector Limited Recruitment
How to Apply
interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply
If you have any questions concerning Newmont Mining Corporation Graduate Trainee Recruitment, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, with your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.