Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) Program in Canada: Check Admissions, Courses, and Eligibility.
MBBS in Canada: Admission Application into Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) Program in Canada is now available. See requirements, courses and how to apply for MBBS Program in Canada.
Apply for Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) Program in Canada. See Admissions application requirements, Courses, and application Eligibility below.
MBBS Program in Canada
Canada is one of the most sought-after options for those interested in pursuing MBBS abroad. This place welcomes lakhs of students every year for education in various specializations. Canada stands relatively easy on the pocket as compared to other countries. It accepts students from all across the world on the basis of various qualifying tests.
Canada is widely known for its quality education in this domain and therefore, the competition is relatively higher. It has 18 medical schools, with University of Toronto as the top-ranked university. As per the QS ranking, other top-ranking universities are McGill University (21st), University of British Columbia (28th) and McMaster University (45th).
Some of the popular medical colleges here are Northern Ontario School of Med, Cumming School of Medicine, Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, and many more. In order to apply for these colleges, candidates are supposed to fulfill certain eligibility guidelines as set by the universities. Canada not only offers a quality education system but also is a great place in terms of a student’s life. They are also offered part-time opportunities as well. Read the article given below to learn more about MBBS in Canada.
Application Eligibility Criteria on MBBS in Canada
Candidates are supposed to fulfill the eligibility criteria before applying for the MBBS course. So here are some general briefs of the eligibility criteria.
- Candidates must have passed a bachelor degree before applying to an MBBS course in Canada. (only Canadian students are allowed MBBS course after class 12th)
- Entrance examination- Candidates are supposed to appear for a few qualifying examinations such as MCAT (Medical College Admission Test). Also one has to appear for English proficiency tests such as IELTS and TOEFL.
- One will have to secure a minimum score in these examinations described as follows:-
Minimum Marks Required by the Test
|S.No||Test Name||Minimum Marks Required|
- Indian students must clear the NEET examination in order to partake in the MBBS course in Canada.
- Candidates will have to show the medical certificate which is very important for a visa for Canada.
Why Study in Canada?
Canada comes like home for many students because of its ease of living when it comes to students. Here are some of the most important reasons why one must study in Canada:-
- It has some of the top colleges as per the QS ranking. Some of them are the University of Toronto, McGill University (21st), University of British Columbia, McMaster University, etc.
- Promising Student life
- Ease of finding part time job,
- Students can work in Canada itself on graduation with a work permit.
- Scholarships: This is yet another very important aspect of education in Canada. Students are offered scholarships on various grounds to support their education financially.
Common Steps to apply for MBBS Course in Canada
The application process is one of the most crucial processes for MBBS in Canada.
Every university and the college shares its own unique application process. Also since admission in Canada would be on the basis of MCAT, and on the basis of any of these English proficiency test such as IELTS or TOEFL. So each interested candidate has to apply for these respective exams.
- Candidates need to pass NEET and MCAT examination
- Applicants will have to enter their NEET/MCAT score in the application form of respective medical college in Canada.
The application fee for these entrance examinations are:-
Application Fee for various Entrance Test
|S.No||Exam Name||Application Fee|
|1||MCAT Exam fee||$320|
For various universities and colleges, there may be an additional application fee.
MBBS in Canada Admission Process
Candidates will be granted admission in various medical colleges on the basis of MCAT score and profile evaluation.
Steps in Admission Process
- Application Filling for the college in which candidate want to get admission
- Profile Evaluation by the admission authority
- Interview by the admission authority
- Admission Letter provided to students who have been shortlisted for admission
- Visa clearance is mandatory for admission process
MBBS in Canada – MCAT Exam
MCAT is a computer-based test. It comprises various important sections such as Chemical and Physical Foundations of Biological Systems, Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills, Biological and Biochemical Foundations of Living Systems and Psychological, Social and Biological Foundations of Behavior. The test pattern is given below:-
Exam Pattern for MCAT
|1||Chemical and Physical Foundations of Biological Systems||59||95|
|2||Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills||53||90|
|3||Biological and Biochemical Foundations of Living Systems and Psychological||59||95|
|4||Biological Foundations of Behavior||59||95|
The score of MCAT has validity for 2 to 3 years.
Fee Structure for various MBBS college in Canada
The fee structure of MBBS courses in Canada is relatively low. The table given below gives a brief overview of the fee structure of top colleges in Canada:-
Fee Structure of Various MBBS college in Canada
|S.No||University Name||Fee Structure|
|1||University of Toronto||Rs 19 Lakhs (Approx)|
|2||University of Ottawa||Rs 29 Lakhs (Approx)|
|3||Trinity Medical College||Rs 20 Lakhs (Approx)|
MBBS in Canada: Career Option
After the completion of the MBBS course, candidates will get opportunities in the medical field. The opportunities are given below:-
- A career in Health Administration/Hospital Management
- Research and Academics
- Hospitals and Healthcare System
- Opportunities in Private/Public Health Sectors
Students Life in Canada
Canada has been consistently ranking as the best country in terms of student life.
It offers a great opportunity to the students time and again. So here are some important indicators which contribute to a promising life in Canada:-
1. Study Environment- The study environment in Canada. The study environment in MBBS colleges here is holistic. Students are provided world-class technology equipment, labs and more to really polish their skills into professional use.
2. Diversity and Inclusivity- This is a very inclusive country. Canada is known for its diversity and inclusivity. Students from all walks of life come together and are able to grow by expanding culturally as well.
3. The study expense in Canada is relatively light as compared to other countries in the world.
4. Internships and Part-time work– Students are provided opportunities and exposure in the form of internships and part-time work where they can support their living in the country along with their study. It also helps them gain hands-on experience.
5. Work Permit- Candidates also get a work permit after completing graduation because of which they get wide ranging opportunities, job in the country. So there by studying in Canada promises a secured career.
- Canada Visa Application Requirements and How to Apply
- Top 20 Low Tuition Universities in Canada 2021 for Global Students
- Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic Job in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- University of Victoria International Undergraduate Scholarships in Canada
MBBS in Canada: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Which English proficiency test should I qualify to pursue an MBBS in Canada?
A1. Candidates can take English proficiency tests such as IELTS or TOEFL to get admission to Canada.
Q2. What is the medical entrance examination to pursue an education in Canada?A2. Candidates can apply through the MCAT examination to get admission in Canada Colleges and Universities.
Q3. What is the application fee for various examinations?
A3. The MCAT examination fee is $320, the IELTS examination fee is Rs. 13,250 and TOEFL examination fee is US$180.
Q4. What are the career options after pursuing the MBBS course in Canada?
A career in Health Administration/Hospital Management, Research and Academics, Hospitals and Healthcare System, Biomedical, Opportunities in Private/Public Health Sectors, etc.
Q5. What is the examination pattern of MCAT?
A5. There are 4 sections in the test. Each section has a time limit. The 4 sections are Chemical and Physical Foundations of Biological Systems, Biological and Biochemical Foundations of Living Systems and Psychological, Biological Foundations of Behavior.
Q6. What is an ideal score for someone to secure in IELTS or TOEFL in order to get admission in Canada?
A6. Since the competition is high in Canada. Therefore, one must strive for a minimum of 6 score in IELTS and 80 scores in TOEFL examination.
Q7. How is education quality in Canada?
A7. Canada offers a great quality of education for the young aspirants. It promises a great Student life.
If you have any questions concerning MBBS in Canada, Wishes And Prayer For September , please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, with your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.