JSI Research and Training Institute Recruitment: JSI Research & Training Institute Recruitment 2022 applications are being accepted from interested and adequately qualified applicants.
JSI Research and Training Institute Recruitment
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) a leader in global health is non-profit public health management consulting and research organization dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world,
Job Title: JSI Research & Training Institute
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) is a public health management consulting and research organization dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world over the last forty years. Country Health Information Systems and Use (CHISU) is currently seeking an exceptional Health Informatics Specialist with a strong IT background for an upcoming portfolio supporting the implementation of the Surveillance Outbreak Response Management and Analysis System (SORMAS) in Ghana.
CHISU is a 5-year program designed to enhance the host country’s capacity to produce high-quality health information, optimally manage this information, and institutionalize evidence-based decision-making. The program works with USAID- supported host country health managers, health workers, and other stakeholders to strengthen enabling environment for health information management and strategic planning to improve the harmonization of fragmented information systems, reduce duplication of data collection, and improve monitoring and tracking of the country’s own health trends and priorities.
In Ghana, CHISU will engage in activities at the national and sub-national levels that contribute to an effective rollout of integrated DHIMS2 eTracker modules, including the MCH/FP and COVID-19 vaccination modules, complementing current work in the Ghana Health Service (GHS) is undertaking with other USAID-funded mechanisms.
The training activities at subnational levels will target Health Information Officers, Disease Control Officers, Surveillance officers, Community Health Officers, and facility Data Focal Points. These activities will also contribute to sustaining a reliable DHIMS2 eTracker server system, improved data security, and increased capacity for systems maintenance and facilitating front-end, design, and back-end capacity development.
The ICT Specialist will lead CHISU Ghana in-country-related technical activities undertaken by the program and ensure full implementation of approved activities with oversight from the Resident Advisor. He/she will also be responsible for leading the planning and implementation of CHISU’s support to the eTracker rollout and other IT deployment activities and will work closely with GHS staff at the national and sub-national levels,
The ICT Specialist must demonstrate:
- Leadership in the areas of DHIMS2, District Health Information Systems 2 (DHIS2) tracker.
- Depth and breadth of expertise in implementation science, capacity building, and change management; and
- Strong interpersonal skills. Professional relationships will be an advantage.
- In collaboration with PPMED/CHIM of the Ghana Health Service, lead the rollout of eTracker training or refresher training in selected districts
- Support PPMED/CHIM in rolling out their plans for e-Tracker rollout with quality assurance to implementation plans, adopting a systematic approach for integrating evidence and lessons learned into implementation plans
- Lead technical and logistics support, to ensure a reliable and sustainable eTracker server system and capacity
- Support other CHISU tasks as requested.
Required Skills or Experience
- A minimum Master’s degree (or equivalent) in one of the following disciplines is required: information systems, health informatics, epidemiology, and public health
- A minimum of 5-10 years of experience in managing health information systems or disease surveillance information systems in a developing country is required.
- An understanding of Ghana’s health information management system, DHIMS2, and tracker is required.
- Previous work with the Ghana Health Service and relevant directorates at central, regional, and sub-regional levels is desirable.
- Previous experience with capacity building and eTracker training at the subnational level is desirable
- Knowledge of implementation science/research and the systematic approach is desirable
- Expert in the use of database management systems (e.g., MS Access, PostgreSQL, or MySQL)
- Ability to engage key stakeholders, manage expectations, as well as plan and coordinate tasks and deliverables
- Experience in successfully training, coaching, and mentoring government staff in the use of information systems
- Experience working on USAID Projects or Programs is a key advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work closely and in an integrated manner with a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to take initiative to produce expected results
- Strong leadership skills to work independently and with limited direct supervision in managing day-to-day activities
- Fluent English is required
- Yara International Recruitment
- Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) Recruitment
- Tony Blair Institute for Global Change Recruitment
- Complete Farmer Recruitment
- MTN Ghana Recruitment
How to Apply
Qualified persons are required to send their cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) marked “ICT SPECIALIST” to: Ghana.firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions concerning JSI Research and Training Institute Recruitment, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, with your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.