Jhpiego Ghana Recruitment: Jhpiego Ghana Recruitment 2022 applications are being accepted from interested and adequately qualified applicants.
Jhpiego Ghana Recruitment
Jhpiego Ghana is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years and in over 155 countries, Jhpiego has worked to prevent the needless deaths of women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: Driver
RISE is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and USAID—that works with countries to achieve a shared vision of attaining and maintaining epidemic control, with stronger local partners capable of managing and achieving results through sustainable, self-reliant and resilient health systems.
The project is led by Jhpiego with the following partners: ICAP at Columbia University, Management Sciences for Health, Anova, BAO Systems, Johns Hopkins University Centre for Public Health and Human Rights, and Mann Global Health.
With funding from the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), RISE is working in selected countries, including Ghana, to address the COVID-19 pandemic. In line with the ministry of health priorities, the project is planning to roll out national vaccination plans, including ensuring healthcare workers are prepared to implement and monitor this plan; providing focused and clinically relevant capacity building for clinicians providing COVID-19 case management.
We are currently looking for a dynamic person to fill the position of Driver.
- Reports to: Administrative Officer
- Job Location: Bolgatanga
The Driver will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Administrative Officer in transporting Jhpiego staff, partners and materials to project sites, including loading and unloading of vehicles. He/she ensures that all vehicles are well-maintained and are driven in a safe manner, in accordance with the local laws and policies, strictly following traffic rules and regulations.
- Ensures the safety and comfort of all passengers at all times
- Treats all passengers aboard Jhpiego vehicles courteously and respectfully, regardless of gender, age, religion, or nationality
- Keeps supervisor informed if driving at night or if driving into areas considered potentially unsafe
- Uses vehicle for official use only
- Undertakes delivery of materials and documents with instructions from the supervisor
- Assists passengers with schedules and information and direction on routes
- Repair and maintenance
- Keeps vehicles clean at all times
- Refuels vehicles when required
- Carries out necessary inspections
- Completes daily safety and maintenance checks of vehicles.
- Performs minor maintenance and repairs on vehicles; (e.g. replace bulbs, refill radiator water, change tires).
- Ensures timely engine oil change and other lubricants i.e. brake fluid, and engine oil, when required
- Ensures that vehicle maintenance for all vehicles is planned for and done on time.
- Ensures license is renewed on expiry
- Maintains accurate records including vehicle logs, fuel, oil change, maintenance record, and others as required
- Follows Jhpiego safety and security guidelines
- Notifies supervisor of any safety or maintenance concerns
- Safety & Security
- Ensures sure seat belts are properly worn by all passengers at all times
- Does not permit unauthorized adults or children to travel in Jhpiego vehicles
- Complies with all applicable safety requirements, laws, and regulations
- Conducts regular safety checks on ALL vehicles, documents findings, and follows up on action points.
- Participates in the Safety and Security Committee of the office
- Supports the maintenance of safety and security in the office building
- Conduct periodic safety checks; document and follow up with action points
- Maintain fire extinguishers and safety certification
- Participate in safety and security committee
- Supervise security guards including review visitor’s log and entry of visitors to the office
- Supports the office manager to undertake the following administrative tasks:
- Payment of utility bills and other administrative assignments to be designated
- Banking including deposit and cashing of checks
- Making purchases and collecting purchases from vendors
- Supports the management of the office premises as follows:
- Supervise the maintenance of the garden
- Supervise the maintenance of the generator and refuel the generator as needed
- Supervise the maintenance of the air conditioners
- Minimum of Senior High School Certificate
- Valid driver’s license with an accident-free record
- The defensive driving certificate is advantageous
- 5-years’ experience, international organization or corporation experience is advantageous
- Ability to conduct routine vehicle maintenance
- Past experience with administrative tasks
- Computer literacy and use of MS Office, email, and the internet
- Good knowledge of the basic operations and maintenance requirements of vehicles
- SNV Ghana Recruitment
- Marriott International Recruitment
- Barry Callebaut Group Recruitment
- Petrofac Recruitment
- Absa Bank Ghana Limited Recruitment
- SNV Netherlands Development Organisation Recruitment
How to Apply
Qualified persons are required to send their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and application letter to: GH-Recruitments@jhpiego.org
specifying region(s) of interest.
Application Deadline: 21st October 2022
If you have any questions concerning Jhpiego Ghana Recruitment, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, with your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.