IPS Officer: Step by Step Procedure 2022 Application Form Portal Update.
IPS Officer: Policing is a prestigious occupation. Donning police uniforms and upholding law and order is a fantasy shared by many young Indians. How to become an ips officer after 12th, How to become ips officer, IPS Officer admission procedures, benefits and qualification, IPS Officer eligibility, Ips officer list, Ips officer ranks, Ips officer salary, Ips officer training, what to study to become a Ips officer.
The Indian Police Service (IPS), (Hindi: भारतीय पुलिस सेवा : ISO: Bhāratīya Pulisa Sēvā ) is a civil service under the All India Services. It replaced the Indian Imperial Police in 1948, a year after India became independent from the British Raj.
Along with the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) and the Indian Forest Service (IFS), the IPS is one of the All India Services – its officers can be employed by both the Union Government and the individual states.
The service commands and provides leadership to State police forces and Union territories’ police forces, Central Armed Police Forces (BSF, SSB, CRPF, CISF, and ITBP), the National Security Guards (NSG), National Disaster Response Force (NDRF), Intelligence Bureau (IB), Research and Analysis Wing (R&AW), Special Protection Group (SPG), National Investigative Agency (NIA) and the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
How to Become IPS Officer in India Step By Step Procedure
1. Interested aspirants can start Civil Service Exam preparation just after the 10th/ 12th.
2. Complete Graduation Degree and fulfill all eligibility norms like candidates must be Indian Citizen and minimum age should be 21 years.
3. Now, applicants can apply for UPSC Civil Services Exam either through online or offline mode.
4. Those, who’ve applied for IPS Entrance Exam, can start preparation according to the below-provided exam pattern.
5. It is the final stage of becoming an IPS Officer. Shortlisted applicants will go for the Training process and subsequently, they will be appointed as IPS Officer.
What After Becoming an IPS Officer?
The duty of an IPS officer is primarily related to law and order, detection of crime and prevention, Control of traffic, Management, and prevention of accident, etc.
Intelligence Bureau, RAW, CBI, etc. are also the career in which IPS officers will get a chance to act.
What Power Does an IPS Officer Have?
1. IPS is a highly respected post in the internal security system of India.
2. Indian Police Services is the most fundamental pillar of Indian democracy.
3. IPS Officer plays a pivotal role in establishing law and order at the grassroots level in the country.
4. The post of an IPS Officer is an achievement in itself.
Civil Services Exam is a very popular competitive exam in India. IAS and IPS are the two most popular choices among Civil Services aspirants.
IPS After 12th: Is it Possible?
It is not possible to become an IPS Officer right after completing the 12th standard! In order to become an IPS Officer, you must apply for the CSE exam conducted by the UPSC.
You must also crack the exam (preliminary, mains, and interview) in order to get selected for the training.
The basic eligibility criteria required to appear for this exam is – candidates must possess Graduate Degree from a recognized University/Institute!
So technically, 12th passed students can’t appear for this exam right after 12th. After completing the 12th, they must complete Graduation first.
After completing the Graduation program successfully, they may take a shot and CSE and become an IPS Officer subsequently!
Interested candidates may start CSE preparation after the 12th. Well, preparation can be started well before reaching the 12th standard too!
You may start off CSE preparation by focusing on current affairs, making notes (related to current affairs), and reading newspapers daily.
Educational Qualifications Required
1. All candidates must have as a minimum one of the following educational qualifications:
2. A degree from a Central, State, or a Deemed university.
3. A degree received through correspondence or distance education.
4. Degree from an open university.
5. A qualification recognized by the Government of India as being equivalent to one of the above.
The following candidates are also eligible, but must submit proof of their eligibility from a competent authority at their institute/university at the time of the main examination, failing which they will not be allowed to attend the exam:
1. Candidates who have appeared in an examination, the passing of which would render them educationally qualified enough to satisfy one of the above points.
2. Candidates who have passed the final exam of the MBBS degree but have not yet completed an internship.
3. Candidates who have passed the final exam of ICAI, ICSI, and ICWAI.
4. A degree from a private university.
5. A degree from any foreign university recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
The candidate must be between the age of 21-32 years (for the General category candidate) on August 1 of the year of examination. However, age relaxations exist for SC, ST, OBC, and Physically Handicapped candidates.
1. For Other Backward Castes (OBC) the upper age limit is 35.
2. For Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST), the limit is 37 years.
3. The upper age limit is relaxed for certain candidates who are backward with respect to other factors and physically handicapped (PH) people.
- British Army Recruitment
- U.S. Department of State Recruitment
- United States Army Recruiting Command
- 15 Online Jobs that Pay $2500-3000$+ Each Month from Home
FAQs about IPS Officer
What are the subjects for IPS?
Candidates may choose any ONE optional subject from amongst the list of subjects are given below:
Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
Commerce and Accountancy.
What are the steps to becoming an officer?
Steps to become an IPS officer
Step 1: Apply to UPSC. These are the ways to apply for UPSC exams.
Step 2: Write the preliminary exam of CSE. Here are the details about how to prepare for the IPS officer and details of the Preliminary Exams.
Step 3: Write the CSE Mains.
Step 4: Personal Interview.
What is the salary of an IPS officer per month?
The basic salary of an officer starts at Rs. 56,100(TA, DA, and HRA are extra) per month and can go on to reach Rs. 2,25,000 for a DGP.
Which course is best for IPS officers?
Bachelor’s degree in any subject is the qualification required for IPS. The selection of candidates is through the civil services exam.
Subject studied in 11th, 12th, or graduation is not a criterion for IPS. For civil services, GK, aptitude and general science will be asked as questions.
5. Is the IPS exam easy?
There actually are simple. IAS or IPS is not an exam; therefore getting IAS is a bit more difficult in comparison to IPS.
IPS: Getting selected in any of the services which admit through civil services examination conducted by UPSC is very tough and needs hard work and dedication for at least 2 years.
If you have any questions concerning IPS Officer, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, with your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.