How to Transfer WhatsApp Chat – WhatsApp chat transfer feature was made public at the Galaxy Unpacked event.
How to Transfer WhatsApp Chat – transfer whatsapp messages from iphone to android using google drive, how to transfer whatsapp from iphone to android 2021, how to transfer whatsapp messages to new iphone, whatsapp transfer,
transfer whatsapp to new phone number, iphone whatsapp backup to google drive,
how to transfer whatsapp data from iphone to oppo, whatsapp chats iphone to android free, see more details below
WhatsApp is making its chat migration feature for iOS to Android public, starting with Samsung phones. The iOS to Android chat migration feature was announced at the Galaxy Unpacked event and, at that time, it was made available only for the new foldable phones unveiled at the event.
However, WhatsApp has now made the chat history transfer option available to many more Samsung phones — but with some warnings. With this feature, WhatsApp users can transfer their account information, profile photos, personal chats, group chats, previous chats, media, and settings from an iPhone to a Samsung handset.
NB: Users cannot transfer their call logs or visible name.
- How to Stop Unknown Users From Adding You to WhatsApp Groups
- How to send Whatsapp Messages without your Phone
- Whatsapp New Features
- iPhone 13 Series & AirPods Launch Date
The instant messaging app published a post to announce the expansion of the WhatsApp chat history transfer feature. This feature will work on Samsung smartphones that have version 22.214.171.124 or higher of the Samsung SmartSwitch app and are running on Android 10 or above.
The company says that it will expand the feature to other Android smartphones soon.
WhatsApp That can Transfer Chats
To use this feature, users must have WhatsApp iOS 126.96.36.199 or higher on their old iPhone device and have WhatsApp Android 188.8.131.52 or higher version on their new Samsung phone. WhatsApp users must be using the same phone number as on the old iPhone and the Samsung phone must be new. If it’s not new, users will have to perform a factory reset on their Samsung phones to begin chat transfer.
Samsung users will need a USB Type-C to lightning cable for doing this transfer. Cable transfer also means migrated data does not go to cloud storage and WhatsApp cannot see the data you have transferred.
How to Migrate WhatsApp Chat from iPhone to Samsung
Follow the simple steps mentioned below to migrate/transfer your WhatsApp chat history from an iPhone to a Samsung phone.
- Connect the Samsung phone to the old iPhone using a USB Type-C to Lightning cable when the notification appears.
- Follow the Samsung Smart Switch steps for the setup.
- When the notification appears, scan the QR code that appears on the new Samsung phone using your iPhone’s camera.
- Tap Start on the iPhone and wait for the process to be completed.
- Continue to set up the new Samsung phone.
- When you reach the home screen, start WhatsApp and log in with the same phone number you used on your old iPhone.
- When the notification appears, tap Import, and let the process complete.
- Finish activating your new phone and you will then see your chats.
NB: The data remains on the old phone till you erase your data or delete the WhatsApp app.
WhatsApp, is an American freeware, cross-platform centralized instant messaging and voice-over-IP service owned by Facebook, Inc. It allows users to send text messages and voice messages, make voice and video calls, and share images, documents, user locations, and other content.
If you have any questions concerning How to Transfer Whatsapp Chat, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
Do well to share this information, with your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.