How to Stop Unknown Users From Adding You to WhatsApp Groups | Step by Step Guide on How to Stop Prevent Users From Adding You to WhatsApp Groups
WhatsApp groups help us to stay connected to variety of people; family, friends, or even old colleagues that can help us relate vital information which contributes to a lively environment and can link us with various positive opportunities. but the feature is often exploited by many who turn to add tons of people to groups in order to sell products, promote services or even go a long way to defrauding people.
Persons are often added to these groups without permission from participants and this could be frustrating for many. Most of us hate being a part of unnecessary groups and often consider if it’s rude to just exit a group. The best way out of this is to have a filter that will stop random people from adding you to groups.
How to prevent unknown users from adding you to WhatsApp groups
Thankfully, there is a setting that you can tweak in the privacy section of you WhatsApp account that spares you from getting added to random groups. This setting lets you customise who can add you to groups and, by default, the setting is set to ‘Everyone’, which means anyone with your phone number can add you in a group. It is important to note that group admins can send you invite links and nudge you to join groups, even after you tweak the settings.
In order to avoid getting added to groups by random people, follow the steps below:
Step by Step Guide to Stop People from Adding you on Whatsapp Groups
- Open WhatsApp, click on the three dots on the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on the Settings option and then tap Account.
- Click on Privacy > Groups. The default setting is set to ‘Everyone’.
- You can select from three options — ‘Everyone’, ‘My Contacts’, and ‘My Contacts Except’.
- The ‘Everyone’ option lets any user with your phone number add you in a group without your permission.
- The ‘My Contact‘ option only lets those users add you in groups whose numbers you have saved in your contact list.
- The last ‘My Contacts Except‘ option lets you choose exactly who can add you to groups by letting you filter further and delist the contacts you don’t want to be added by to a group.
So, to avoid being added by unknown persons, you can make the choice of selecting the ‘My Contacts Except’ option.
If you have any questions concerning How to prevent unknown users from adding you to WhatsApp groups, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, with your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.