How to download Windows 11 | Download Windows 11 | Install Windows 11 | Windows 11 Features | Windows 11 System Minimum Requirements…See more details below.
Windows 11 is now available for download. Check below to see how to download and install windows 11 to your compatible device.
Many are inquiring to know the difference in the newest upgrade and are looking into how to download it.
Windows 11 Release Date
Microsoft confirmed October 5th as the release date for windows 11.
There was a leaked build before Windows 11 was official, but we strongly advise to follow the Insider program that has the testing build available, ready to go.
This Windows 11 download is going to be a free upgrade if you have Windows 7 and above, so there’s no need to get a pirated version of an incomplete operating system (OS).
Downloading Windows 11 is important, but, if you only have the one PC, we do recommend don’t install it yet, or at least try it on a partition if you really want to install it.
Windows 11 System Requirements
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with at least two cores on a compatible 64-bit processor or SoC
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB
- System Firmware: UEFI, Secure Boot capable
- TPM: Trusted Platform Module 2.0
- Graphics Card: DirectX 12 or later with WDDM 2.0 driver
- Display: 720p, 8-bit per color channel, at least 9-inch diagonal
- Internet Connection and Microsoft Account: Windows 11 Home requires an active internet connection and a Microsoft Account to complete initial, first-use setup of the operating system, or when switching a device out of Windows 11 Home in S-mode.
Windows 11 Features
If you still want to try out the build, there’s other features to check out.
- A new start menu
- A big focus on gaming alongside much more
- Windows 11 features a more detailed health-check app, which can recommend certain tasks to better prolong your PC, regardless of whether it’s a desktop or laptop.
- Better support for more than one monitor, so you can easily sort the taskbar when needed, alongside more snap layouts available when in portrait mode on a touch-display.
Always ‘Check for Updates‘ when a new build is released to have the latest fixes and features of Windows 11.
How to Download and Install Windows 11
1. Join the Windows Insider Program – How to Join the Windows Insider Program
To join the Windows Insider Program, open the Settings app and click on ‘Update & Security‘, then ‘Windows Insider Program’.
You may need to turn on optional diagnostic data to see this option. To do so, go to Settings > Privacy > Diagnostics & feedback and choose ‘Optional diagnostic data’.
In the ‘Windows Insider Program’ window, click ‘Get started’ to join. From the window that appears, click ‘Link an account’ and pick your Microsoft Account and click ‘Continue’.
2. Join the Dev Channel – How to Join the Dev Channel
At the moment, the Windows 11 Insider build is only available to people using the Dev Channel. This is meant for app developers, and gives people access to very early versions of Windows 11. Again, make sure you are happy to install what is likely to be quite an early build with various issues included.
If you just want a PC that works as normal, we’d avoid Windows 11 for now. However, if you really want to try out Windows 11, in the ‘Pick your Insider settings’ page that appears, select ‘Dev Channel’, then ‘Confirm’.
Another window will appear with an explanation of what you can expect from this early build. As long as you are happy to proceed, click ‘Confirm’.
You’ll then need to restart your PC. Make sure everything is saved, and click ‘Restart Now’ on the window that appears.
3. Install the Windows 11 Insider Preview build – How to Install the Windows 11 Insider Preview build
Once you’ve restarted, open up the Windows Update app. You can do this by searching for ‘Windows Update’ in the search bar in the taskbar of Windows 10.
You can also open it by going to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.
In the window that appears, click ‘Check for updates’. The Windows 11 Insider Preview build should appear, and you can download and install it as if it was a regular Windows 10 update.
4. Perform a clean install of Windows 11 – How to Perform a clean install of Windows 11
The above steps upgrade your Windows 10 PC to Windows 11. However, if you want to install Windows 11 from scratch, you can download the Windows 11 Insider Preview ISO.
Make sure you are signed up to the Windows Insider Program and are in the Dev Channel (shown in steps 1 and 2 of this guide), then scroll to the bottom of the page.
Under ‘Select edition’ pick Windows 11. Once the ISO is downloaded, you’ll need to make a bootable USB or DVD with it.
Follow our how to install Windows 10 via USB or DVD guide for more information. Although it is for installing Windows 10, the process for Windows 11 will be the same.
Install Windows 11 Beta – Download Windows 11 Beta
NB: Do not install Windows 11 Beta on your main PC, as it could be prone to bugs that could crash your PC, or even wipe your files. If you have enough space for a new partition on your hard drive, install the Insider Build version there.
If you have any questions concerning How to Download and Install Windows 11, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
Do well to share this information, with your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.