How to Apply for the 2022/2023 DOST-SEI Scholarship.
How to Apply for a DOST Scholarship: Application are invited into the Department of Science and Technology (DOST) scholarship programme for 2022/2023 registration exercise.
Are you a student or aspirant seeking for college education scholarship? If yes! then Department of Science and Technology (DOST) scholarship programme is here for you to apply. See requirements and how to apply for DOST-SEI scholarship below.
Types of DOST-SEI S&T Scholarship
- MERIT- Under RA No. 2067, the DOST-SEI Merit Scholarship Program, formerly known as the NSDB or NSTA Scholarship, is awarded to students with high aptitude in science and mathematics who wish to pursue careers in science and technology.
- R.A. 7687- Republic Act No. 7687, also known as the “Science and Technology Scholarship Act of 1994,” grants scholarships to talented and deserving students whose families’ socioeconomic status does not exceed certain cut-off values. Qualifiers must pursue priority fields of study in the basic sciences, engineering, other applied sciences, and science and mathematics education.
DOST Scholarship Qualifications
Before you take the examination, there are some requirements and qualifications you need to meet. Not everyone is eligible for DOST scholarship. Do you want to know if you are qualified? Check the details below:
- Graduating Grade 12 male and female students in SY 2021-2022:
- STEM STRAND: All students belonging to the STEM class.
- NON-STEM STRAND: Must be in the top 5% of the graduating class, if belonging to the Non-STEM strand.
- Must have grades in Grades 9, 10, and 11.
- Must be a natural-born Filipino citizen.
- Must be of good moral character and in good health.
- May have taken the DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarship Examination but did not qualify for the scholarship; OR may have qualified for the DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarship but did not avail of the award.
- Must NOT have earned any post-secondary units.
On the other hand, the following are disqualified for the scholarship:
- You had an examination with DOST-SEI Scholarship before.
- You applied in the USA or foreign countries for immigrant status.
- If you earned units in an undergraduate or post-secondary post.
To be able to get the scholarship, the applicant should enter state universities or colleges, network institutions recognized by DOST-SEI, and Centers of Excellence or Centers of Development by CHED identified tertiary institutions. You must make sure that you passed the entrance examination for the institution or Universities you have applied to.
DOST Scholarship Requirements
Below are the other requirements once you are awarded a DOST scholarship:
- The DOST scholar should follow all the rules and regulations or agreements with the scholarship including the parents or guardians of the scholar.
- After being a scholar of DOST, you must clear your name from DOST-SEI to be sent to the government agency.
- As a scholarship awardee, you must maintain your grade to stay as a DOST scholar.
- After graduation, you have the responsibility to serve the country in years the same as the years you were a scholar in DOST.
The application for the 2022 DOST-SEI Undergraduate S&T Scholarships is now ongoing until 30 November 2021. You can now apply and upload the requirements online through the links below.
Here are the documents to prepare prior to filing your DOST-SEI Undergraduate S&T Scholarship application:
1. Click the links below to download the forms and print them on A4 bond paper.
2. Ensure that these forms are completed by the appropriate authorities/officials/individuals as specified on each form.
3. Verify that each form is properly signed.
4. Scan or photograph each completed form and save the file.
5. When saving the file, rename it (Surname-Form ).
6. Submit each form via the E-Application System’s Upload Module. Each file should be uploaded using the appropriate upload field.
- Chevening Scholarships
- Western Union Foundation Global Scholarship Program
- Scholarships for Teachers to Study Abroad
- Australia Government MSc Scholarship For Africa
- PWC Lime Scholarship Application Form Login Portal
|Certificate of Good Moral Character||C||See above instructions.|
|Certificate of Good Health||D|
|Principal’s Certification||Applicant belongs to the graduating Grade 12 senior high school-STEM strand class||E1|
|Applicant belongs to the upper 5% of the graduating Grade 12 senior high school – NON-STEM strand class||E2|
|Certificate of Residency||F|
|Parent’s Certification– Applicant has no pending immigration application to another country||G|
|Applicant’s Certification Re- Not a DOST Scholar prior to this application||H|
|Signed Declaration of Applicant and the Parent/Legal Guardian||I|
|Certified Copy of Permanent Student Record (Form 137) or Report Card (Form 138) for Grades 9, 10 and 11||Must be duly signed by the School Principal/University Registrar.|
|Recent picture, passport size (3.5 cm x 4.5 cm or 1.4 x 1.8 inches inches)||1. Must show face of the Applicant, 80% of the picture. 2. Must be colored, with white background. 3. With the name tag position at approximately 1 inch or 2.54 cm below the chin): Full name, handwritten- First Name, Middle Initial, Last Name, and Extension Name, if any (e.g. JUAN C. DELA CRUZ, JR.), and signature over the printed name. 4. Taken within the last three (3) months prior to the filing of the application.|
|Birth Certificate||Readable copy. May be issued by the PSA, NSO, or the Municipal Registry Office.|
|Parent/s or Legal Guardian’s 2020 Income Tax Return / BIR Form 1701 / Employment Contract for OFW / BIR Certificate of Exemption from Filing of ITR / Certificate of Indigency / Certificate of Employment with Compensation / Proof of Pension||Clear, signed copy. Annual Gross Income must be clearly indicated in the document.1 The particular document depends on the parent’s class of worker.2|
How to Apply for DOST Scholarship
You have completed and scanned or photographed all of the necessary documents, as well as the previously mentioned information, access the DOST-SEI Undergraduate S&T Scholarship.
When filling out the required information, please make sure that all of the names and words are spelled correctly. Make sure your internet connection is stable before continuing.
Register. Make sure to use a valid e-mail address. You will be advised of the status of your application and other announcements relative to your application through the email account that you use during registration.
Answer the questions in the Eligibility Module, which can be accessed via the link in the email you received. If you are ineligible to apply for the JLSS, you will be sent a Notice of Disqualification via email.
If you are eligible to apply for the JLSS, proceed to the following modules:
- Personal Data
- Contact Information
- Family Data
- Financial Contribution
- Household Information Questionnaire
- School, Course, and Grades
- The system only accepts.jpeg,.png,.bmp, and.pdf file types.
- The system accepts multiple files with a maximum size of 5MB per upload.
Ex. You photographed each of the three pages of your Transcript of Records. As a result, you must upload three different files to meet the same requirement. To upload it, click the Upload File button and select all of the files you want to submit.
After you’ve selected the files, you can view a preview to see if you’ve selected the correct and complete files. When you are certain that you have selected the correct and complete files, click the Upload button.
You can check the files you submitted after uploading them by pressing the Preview button. If you uploaded an incorrect or incomplete file, you must repeat the uploading process and upload the correct and complete files to overwrite the previously uploaded document/s.
Before pressing the SUBMIT button, ensure that you have completed all of the modules completely, with true information and correct spellings, and that you have uploaded all of the required documents. Once your application has been submitted, you will be unable to change any of the information you provided.
DOST Scholarship Benefits
Now that you have chosen your course and passed the DOST scholarship examination, what are the benefits you can get? Here are they:
- School Tuition and other Expenses – DOST scholarship is offering P10, 000 or P8, 000 per semester.
- P10,000 book allowance.
- P500 allowance for PE Uniform accredited for First Year Semester.
- Students who are studying outside their home province will be granted roundtrip allowance.
- Those who acquired the course under the Bachelor of Science in Mining, Geology, Physics, Applied Physics, and Physics Teaching will receive a support of P5,000.
- P4,000 is the given allowance every month for DOST-SEI major or priority courses.
- If the curriculum is requiring summer classes, P1,500 is granted to the scholar for tuition and other school fees.
- There is a second book allowance of P500, but you must submit an official receipt
The Pros of Being a DOST Scholar
Students who take the DOST scholarship examination are to lessen the burden of their parents supporting their tuition and school expenses. Lots of students are aiming to become scholars but only a few deserving ones were chosen. What are the pros of being a DOST scholar?
They will support you financially.
Some Filipino parents find it hard to support all of their children in college. To continue their college years, they are urging their children to take DOST scholarship examination. Once you passed the test, you will be given P10,000 or P8,000 financial support for your school tuition every semester. Other than this, DOST will give other allowance for the books and other expenses while in college.
You will be driven to work harder.
Being a DOST scholar means you need to maintain your grade. If you want to stay as a DOST scholar, diligence and perseverance are needed. Knowing that you need to maintain your grade, you will be more encouraged to work harder than usual.
You can learn how to be more independent.
Your parents are working hard to support all your basic needs, but as you grow up, you know that you need to work on your own. Being a DOST scholar does not mean that you need to find a job, but it will give you a sense of responsibility. Working hard to continue being a scholar means that you are learning how to become independent.
The Cons of Being a Scholar
Although we have talked about the positive things about the DOST scholarship, we know that it has a few disadvantages. Though, it is up to you if you think that these disadvantages are good enough to discourage you.
You need to go through with pressures.
Maintaining grades put pressure on you, especially when the subject is getting difficult and more challenging in the next semesters. That is why it is important to choose the courses that you like when you plan to take the examination with the DOST scholarship.
You must serve in the country for several years, the same as the year you enjoyed the benefits of the DOST scholarship.
If you are planning to go abroad after graduation, the government will not allow you to do that unless you finished your service inside the country for some time. Well, this would not create too many problems, because after serving in the country, you can plan to work abroad.
If you have any questions concerning DOST-SEI Scholarship, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, with your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp, or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this