How to Activate Your Airtel eSIM – Airtel eSIM, How to Activate your Airtel eSIM on iPhone, How to Activate your Airtel eSIM on Samsung, Google Pixel phone, How to Activate your Airtel eSIM on Motorola Razr 5G, Airtel eSIM QR Code Settings…See more details below.
eSIM is Embedded Subscriber Identity Module, which is embedded directly into your smartphone or any device in place of your physical SIM card or along with it.
Airtel eSIM service is for subscribers with select smartphones like; few Apple, Samsung, Google Pixel, and Motorola Razr (2021) phones.
The eSIM service not only saves space for a phone manufacturer but also enables remote SIM provisioning of any mobile device.
How to Activate your Airtel eSIM
If you are an Airtel subscriber, you can activate the eSIM functionality provided you have a compatible device. As mentioned, recent flagship phones from Samsung, Apple, Google, and Motorola Razr (2019) are part of the compatibility list.
A subscriber with an eSIM, gives access to the mobile operator to remotely switch the user to a different circle, or even switch their telecom operator remotely. For converting your physical SIM to eSIM
Below are the steps to follow the simple steps below in order to activate your eSIM:
Steps to Activate Airtel eSIM
- SMS eSIM registered email ID to 121.
- With a email id that is valid, you will receive an SMS from 121, to confirm the initiation of the progression.
- Reply back with “1” to confirm the eSIM change request within 60 seconds.
- If your email id is invalid, you will receive an SMS from 121, asking you to re-initiate the process with the correct email ID, which will also guide you on how to update the email ID.
- Once the verification is OK, the Airtel-subscriber will receive another SMS from 121 asking you to provide verify over call.
- After the call, you will receive a final SMS from 121, with regards to the QR Code which you will receive on your registered email id.
How to Activate your Airtel eSIM on iPhone
- For iPhone users, click on Settings > Mobile Data > Add Data Plan > Scan QR Code.
- Scan the code received on mail and ensure that the phone is connected to mobile data /Wi-Fi while scanning.
- After scanning, tap on Label eSIM under Label for your new plan.
How to Activate your Airtel eSIM on Samsung
- For Samsung phone users, click on Settings > SIM Card Manager > Add Mobile Plan > Add Using QR Code.
- Scan QR code received on email (Make sure Wi-Fi or Mobile Data is available) Post scanning
- Click on Add in Add new mobile plan option.
How to Activate your Airtel eSIM on Google Pixel phone
- For Google Pixel phone or a Motorola Razr, select Settings > Network and Internet > Wi-Fi > Connect to a Wi-Fi Network (Mandatory).
- Then head to Mobile Network in Settings > Advanced > Carrier > Add Carrier > Scan QR code received on mail (Ensure phone is connected to Wi-Fi while scanning).
- After scanning, click on Download > Done.
How to Activate your Airtel eSIM on Motorola Razr 5G
- For Motorola Razr 5G users, Go to Settings > Network and Internet > Select + sign besides Mobile Network > Click on Next (Download your SIM).
- Scan QR code sent to your mail (make sure phone is connected to Wi-Fi / mobile data while scanning).
- Post successful scanning.
- Finally, click on Activate.
Airtel eSIM QR Code Settings
NB: The QR code is unique and is applicable for just one time use on one device only. Once scanned, please ensure you complete the process of adding the Carrier. Customer should not select “Delete” option from the eSIM settings as this will permanently delete the eSIM profile.
If postpaid users do not get an email with QR code within 30 minutes or the subscriber aborts the scanning process midway, they will need to send an SMS with the text NOSIM to 121. This is to avoid disconnection of the physical SIM.
Airtel eSIM for prepaid users QR Code
Likewise, Airtel prepaid users need to message NESIM to 52212 (for prepaid numbers in this locations; Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka) and NESIM to 51619 (for prepaid users in rest of India) to avoid disconnection of physical SIM.
Users should have it in mind that the eSIM will be activated in about 2 hours of scanning the QR code. During this period, the physical SIM will continue to work.
If you have any questions concerning How to Activate Your Airtel eSIM, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
Do well to share this information, with your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.