How to Activate Vi eSIM – Vi eSIM on iPhone, Vi eSIM on Samsung Phone, Vi eSIM on Google Pixel, Vi eSIM on Motorola Razr.
Vi eSIM support is on for some limited phones like; iPhone, Samsung Galaxy phone, Google Pixel, Motorola Razr, and models.
Vi (Vodafone Idea) allows its postpaid subscribers to switch to an embedded SIM or commonly called eSIM.
Activating your Vi eSIM requires certain steps you need to follow. Vi eSIM helps you connect to the Vi network without requiring a physical SIM card in your phone. You can also access dual-SIM networks on your phone by activating the eSIM service.
Currently, Vi eSIM support is for a limited set of devices, which include Apple iPhone models and Samsung Galaxy phones. Vi also offers eSIM to its postpaid users in a handful of markets at this stage.
See Also: How to Activate Jio eSIM on Any Device
This article, will guide you on the steps you need to take to activate your Vi eSIM. A phone that has support for eSIM is what you must note. Below are the list of compatible devices:
- The iPhone XS and later models as well as the iPhone SE (2020)
- Motorola Razr
- Google Pixel 3A and later models,
- The current Samsung Galaxy flagships, (the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip, Samsung Galaxy Fold, Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G, Samsung Galaxy Note 20, Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2, Samsung Galaxy S21 5G, Samsung Galaxy S21+, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra, Samsung Galaxy S20, Samsung Galaxy S20+, and the Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra).
YOU MUST make sure that your phone is running the latest software to enable eSIM support.
Vi eSIM Activation Regions
Before going through the guide to activate Vi eSIM, it is worthy of note that, the operator is offering eSIM support for its postpaid users in Mumbai, Gujarat, Delhi, Karnataka, Punjab, UP East, Kerala, Kolkata, Chennai and Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, and Goa. This means that you will only be able to activate Vi eSIM if you are in one of these regions.
How to Activate your Vi eSIM
After accessing our device for compatibility, and you know that it is ok with the requirements for activation of eSIM, and you are in an eligible region, then, you can begin the Vi eSIM activation process.
- Send an SMS like this “eSIM <space> registered valid email ID to 199.
- You’ll receive a confirmation SMS if your email ID is valid.
- Reply that message with “ESIMY” to confirm the eSIM request. A text message will be sent by Vi to re-initiate the process with the correct email ID if it finds the original one as invalid.
- After the confirmation SMS message, you will receive another message from 199 asking you to provide your consent for the activation over a phone call.
- Once you accord to the call, you will receive a final text message to inform you about the QR code that you will get on your registered email ID to add the eSIM to your phone.
How to Access Vi eSIM QR Code Menu
- Connect your phone to Wi-Fi or mobile data.
- Click on “Settings” > Select “Network & Internet” > Click on “Mobile Network” > Click on “Download a SIM instead” > Click on “Next”
- Scan QR code received on mail
- Follow the prompts on the phone.
After that, Adding eSIM to your Phone by scanning the given QR code will be required of you.
Below are the steps that you can follow on the basis of which phone you have. In all cases, make sure that your phone is connected to Wi-Fi or mobile data.
How to Activate Vi eSIM on iPhone
- Go to Settings > Mobile Data > Add Data Plan.
- Now, scan the QR code you have sent to your email and follow the on-screen prompts.
How to Active Vi eSIM on Samsung Galaxy Phone
- Go to Settings
- Then go to Connections > SIM Card Manager > Add Mobile Plan.
- Select Add Using QR Code to scan the QR code sent to you on your email.
- Follow the on-screen prompts on the phone.
How to Activate Vi eSIM on Google Pixel Phone
- Go to Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile Network > Download a SIM instead > Click on Next.
- Scan the QR code sent to you on email and follow the prompts on the phone.
How to Activate Vi eSIM on Motorola Razr
- Go to Settings > Network & Internet > Next.
- Next, scan the QR code sent to you on email and follow the on-screen prompts on your phone.
If you have any questions concerning How to Activate Vi eSIM, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
Do well to share this information, with your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.