Food and Agriculture Organization Recruitment: FAO Recruitment 2022 applications are being accepted from interested and adequately qualified applicants.
Food and Agriculture Organization Recruitment
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger and improve nutrition and food security. Its Latin motto translates to “let there be bread”.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Assistant
The Programme Assistant is responsible for the coordination of specialized and complex processes and activities in support of the delivery of the division’s work programme, planning, and budgeting activities. He/she provides procedural guidance to managers and staff in the division.
The Programme Assistant reports to a Senior Manager and may receive guidance from a Senior Staff. The incumbent operates independently and takes decisions on work priorities. Supervision received is focused on the quality of work outputs. He/she provides guidance and advice to other programme support staff.
The Programme Assistant works closely with a wide range of colleagues in the division and with client offices, ensuring the consistency and quality of programme/project support services provided by the division.
- Monitor both Regular Programme and Projects budgets ensuring that funds are properly allocated and reported upon and take corrective action if required; inform management of any budget issues that may require attention;
- Provide support to budget holders in the preparation of the Periodic Budgetary Reports (PBR), the biennial Programme of Work and Budget (PWB), and related work plans for the division;
- Prepare projects’ budget revisions in consultation with budget holders;
- Respond to a variety of routine queries and provide clarifications on programme and project matters; inform management and team members of processes, procedures, and timeframes to secure administrative services needed for programme/project execution; initiate correspondence to verify data, obtain additional information on transactions and budgetary matters;
- Review data quality and maintain office records and reference files on various subjects; compile and synthesize data from various sources to support financial analyses on programme/project activities; generate periodic or ad-hoc management reports;
- Coordinate the full array of administrative and financial actions related to staff management, non-staff support, travel, payments, and procurement;
- Provide procedural guidance to Programme Assistants (G-4 level) and other staff in the work unit;
- Review and make recommendations to improve current programme/projects administration procedures and processes;
- Perform other functions as required.
Impact Of Work
The incumbent’s work impacts directly the smooth operations and performance of the division’s programme/project activities. He/she plays a lead role in the provision of programme support services for successful achievement of the organizational unit’s mandate.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
Education: Secondary School Education.
Experience: Four years of relevant experience in the provision of programme/project support services.
Languages: Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English.
IT Skills: Good knowledge of MS Office applications, Internet, and office technology equipment.
Residency: General Service Staff are recruited locally. To be eligible for this position, candidates must be nationals of the country of the duty station or possess an existing visa/work permit and reside within commuting distance of the duty station at the time of the application. “Commuting distance” means the distance within which staff members can travel daily between their place of work and their residence.
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Very good knowledge of communication and documentation standards.
- Very good knowledge of corporate computerized financial/travel/human resources systems and administrative procedures and policies.
- Very good knowledge of the organizational structure.
- Newmont Mining Corporation Graduate Trainee Recruitment
- Golden Star Exploration Ltd Recruitment
- Google Ghana Recruitment
- Gold Fields Ghana Recruitment
- World Health Organization (WHO) Recruitment
Desirable Qualifications And Skills
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of French.
Call For Expressions Of Interest – Vacancy Announcement
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply
If you have any questions concerning Food and Agriculture Organization Recruitment, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, with your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.