Food and Agriculture Organization Jobs Recruitment: FAO Recruitment 2023 applications are being accepted from interested and suitably qualified candidates.
Food and Agriculture Organization Jobs Recruitment
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger and improve nutrition and food security. Its Latin motto translates to “let there be bread”.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Assistant
The Security Assistant supports the function of daily security services and the supervision of security personnel on duty. He/she monitors installed security equipment, systems and procedures and provides immediate assistance to security emergencies.
The Security Assistant works under the technical guidance of the RAF Regional Security Adviser and reports directly to the Administration Officer. He/she acts independently on day-to-day security operations. Supervision received is focused on the quality of the execution of required security and safety services. The incumbent coordinates junior security staff.
The Security Assistant is in frequent contact with staff and visitors at RAF and with security staff on all levels, monitoring and ensuring technical and administrative security procedures and requirements.
- Assist in monitoring and coordinating the work of a team of contracted security guards at RAF premises;
- Ensure that posts are covered at all times and assign daily duties to security staff, including fire control and physical security of the premises, staff safety, and first aid procedures, use of equipment and operation of the automated alarm and video surveillance systems; resolve problems or refer them to supervisors;
- Monitor the performance of duties of contracted security guards throughout the premises and ensure that all posts are covered appropriately;
- Monitor the internal alarm system on site; monitor the video- and electronic control surveillance systems; alert operating and emergency staff and supervisors, as appropriate;
- Respond to security emergencies and provide and/or organize immediate assistance; call emergency services outside working hours and perform first aid, if required;
- Report all incidents and occurrences in the security reports database and report on technical interventions required/undertaken;
- Apply security and safety measures during special events at FAO premises;
- Assist in maintaining close collaboration with the United Nations Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS), security focal points of other UN Agencies, police and military authorities, fire services, and other emergency services as required; participate in security cell meetings organized by UNDSS;
- Assist in monitoring compliance to Security Risk Management (SRM) and Residential Security Measures (RSM) in accordance with the United Nations security policies, practices, and procedures and support their implementation;
- Support the implementation of security emergency preparedness protocols and security plans;
- Maintain updated personnel database and file for personnel identification cards, including production;
- Prepare security briefings documents for personnel including new arrivals and their dependents;
- Assist with inquiries and investigations in cases of security incidents affecting FAO personnel and assets;
- Assist FAO personnel in cases of security emergencies and assist with coordination of response;
- Prepare various reports in a timely manner according to the United Nations Security Management System (UNSMS) guidelines;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Impact of work
The incumbent’s work impacts on the timely and efficient delivery of the work unit’s administrative and security support services. Actions reflect on the successful achievement of the Security Services’ mandate.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS – candidates will be assessed against the following
Education: Secondary School Education.
Experience: Five years of experience with a national or international police force, armed forces, private security organization, fire brigade, or security service of a large organization, or in a position requiring high security, confidentiality, and total integrity. Experience in managing small teams and a limited number of assets.
Languages: Working knowledge (Level C) of English
IT Skills: Basic knowledge of MS Office applications, Internet, and office technology equipment.
Residency: General Service Staff are recruited locally. To be eligible for this position, candidates must be nationals of the country of the duty station or possess an existing visa/work permit and reside within commuting distance of the duty station at the time of the application. “Commuting distance” means the distance within which staff members can travel daily between their place of work and their residence.
- Good knowledge of the use of security and safety systems and of applying protective procedures and techniques
- Good knowledge of FAO’s organizational units, their functions, and key personnel
- Ability to render First Aid
- Ability to intervene in a Fire Incident
- Extent and relevance of experience in preparing security briefs, reports, and presentations.
Special Requirements For Security Staff
- Highly developed sense of responsibility
- Emotional stability
- Ability to coordinate activities and staff in emergency situations
- Physical fitness for duty
- Driving license with an irreproachable driving record
- First National Bank Recruitment
- Nestlé Ghana Recruitment
- Pristine Drainsters Ghana Recruitment
- AGROPAL West Africa Limited Recruitment
- HarTet Technologies Limited Recruitment
Desirable Qualifications And Skills
- Working knowledge of French (Level C) is an asset.
How to Apply For Food and Agriculture Organization Jobs Recruitment
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply
If you have any questions concerning Food and Agriculture Organization Recruitment, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, with your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.