Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) Recruitment: For the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) Recruitment 2023, applications are being accepted from interested and adequately qualified people.
Food and Agriculture Organization
RES will be responsible for managing the decentralized final project evaluations in the region, according to an evaluation plan developed in consultation with country offices of the Region and shared in advance by OED. They will also be responsible for ensuring the dissemination of the evaluation results and creating learning opportunities at the regional and country level, based on evaluation results, in close cooperation with the regional field program and knowledge management teams. The RES will also contribute to building evaluation capacities in the region, using CD material and guidance developed by OED.
we are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Regional Resilience Officer (Team Leader)
The Regional Office for Africa (RAF) is responsible for leading FAO’s response to regional priorities for food security, agriculture, and rural development through the identification, planning, and implementation of FAO’s major activities in the region. It ensures a multidisciplinary approach to programmes, identifies priority areas of action for the Organization in the region, and, in collaboration with divisions and offices at headquarters, develops, promotes, and oversees FAO’s strategic response to regional activities.
RAF also advises on the incorporation of regional priorities into the Organization’s Programme of Work and Budget and implements approved programmes and projects in the region, monitors the level of programme implementation, and draws attention to problems and deficiencies. RAF develops and maintains relations with region-wide institutions including the Regional Economic Integration Organizations (REITs). The Regional Office supports regional policy dialogue on food security, agriculture, and rural development issues, facilitates the emergence of regional partnerships, and supports capacity development and resource mobilization for food security, agriculture, and rural development in the region.
Under the recent corporate commitment of reaching 60 million people in Integrated Food Security Phase Classification (IPC) phase three and above by 2023, the Regional Office for Africa is stepping up its targets at the regional level. This will be done through scale-up and investment plans at the country level, with a focus on countries with the highest numbers of people in acute food insecurity and with the support of OER and the contributions of all relevant teams and divisions in FAO.
The position is located Regional Office for Africa (RAF) in Accra, Ghana.
The Senior Regional Resilience Officer (Team Leader) reports to the Assistant Director-General/Regional Representative (ADG/RR) for Africa and is supported technically and programmatically by the Regional Programme Leader, and the functional guidance of the Office of Emergencies and Resilience, OER.
Support to implementation of FAO’s resilience agenda at global, regional, subregional, and/or country level leadership and technical policy expertise for the planning, development, and implementation of resilience programmes and projects at regional and country levels in accordance with the Emergency and Resilience programme, in order to meet the RAF share of reaching 60 million people in IPC 3 and above by 2023.
Leadership and technical policy expertise for the planning, development, and implementation of the RAF emergency and resilience programme in accordance with the FAO Strategy Framework 2022-31.
- Plans manage, or leads highly specialized or multi-disciplinary teams; leads, coordinates, and/or participates in Organization-wide committees, and provides technical leadership on inter-agency committees, networks, and international working groups.
- Contributes to and/or coordinates the planning, budgeting, implementation, and reporting of the Divisional programme of work, team plans, the supporting policy, tools, standards, and systems frameworks and collaborates with the Office of Emergency and Resilience (OER) in (i) the conceptualization of the RAF emergency and Resilience programme; (ii) the supervision and evaluation of the Strategic Objective contributors; (iii) the identification of resources; (iv) the development of networks and partnerships; and (v) the implementation of advocacy and communication activities.
- Provides support on leadership and strategic positioning to ADG/RR RAF and Senior Management on humanitarian and resilience advocacy, resource mobilization, coordination, and partnerships for the Africa region, in consultation with OER Emergency and Resilience Officers and Directors of Liaison Offices.
- Oversees and/or provides expert technical assistance to OER teams focusing on (i) humanitarian policy, inter-agency collaboration, and mobilization of emergency resources; (ii) response, food chain crisis, special operations, Level 3 emergency preparedness, early warning and support to transition, and/or (iii) programming, integration resilience into FAO planning at all levels, and the delivery of related products and services.
- Coordinates FAO interdivisional emergency needs assessment activities and related missions, including food and nutrition security assessments and analyses, the coordination of in-country early warning alerts, and further coordination with all partners.
- Promotes best practices and provides technical support/services and operational coaching to the Decentralized Office network designates Division-wide geographical focal points to facilitate emergency programming, resource mobilization, and integration of emergency and development work in countries in collaboration with Regional Offices, and provides capacity during critical phases of emergencies.
- Provides coordination across relevant country offices on setting and reporting on the corporate targets for RAF of reaching their share of 60 million people in IPC3+ by 2023.
- Oversees ongoing operational emergency and recovery projects and programmes and related capacity development in countries and Regional and Subregional Offices.
- Oversees and pursues a shift from project to quality programmatic approaches and frameworks, in line with the corporate frameworks and ensuring the mainstreaming of critical corporate functions such as evidence-based design, Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) with a focus on results and adaptiveness and flexibility of programmatic work.
- Supports priority delivery areas such as anticipatory action, humanitarian-development-peace nexus, localization, cash and vouchers, quality and accountability through enhanced inclusion and community engagement, accountability to affected people, and the centrality of protection prevention of sexual exploitations and abuse.
- Represents FAO on international committees and develops and maintains partnerships and inter-agency collaboration in support of FAO’s corporate co-leadership of the Global Food Security Cluster (GFSC) and with a range of other partners such as the Inter-Agency Standing Committee, WFP, UNHCR, UNICEF, NGOs and other humanitarian groups involved in emergency and recovery activities.
- Coordinates the monitoring and promotion of resource mobilization activities including corporate appeals, donor macro grants, and Central Emergency Response Fund/Special Fund for Emergency and Rehabilitation (CERF/SFERA) submissions and collaboration with countries and Regional Offices to facilitate resource mobilization through project and programme formulation.
- Oversees knowledge management activities including the maintenance and updating of FAO emergency information systems, crisis communications, information, and advocacy, as well as providing up-to-date information for reporting, audits, evaluations, and inputs to FAO Governing Body documents.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Supports efficient and effective implementation and delivery of RAF resilience and emergency programme.
- Contributes to the planning and delivery of the work programme with other RAF thematic priorities and Programmes Areas of work.
- Manages effectively teams and financial resources under the regional theme of Building resilience and ending poverty.
- Communicates effectively, advocates, and supports resource mobilization.
- Vodafone Ghana Recruitment
- mPharma Ghana Limited Recruitment
- Golden Africa Ghana Recruitment
- Acronis Recruitment
- Accra Brewery PLC Recruitment
- Maersk Ghana Recruitment
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree in agriculture, economics, business administration, management, and international relations or other field related to the work of the Organization.
- Ten years of relevant experience in public and/or private sectors related to programming, planning, and technical cooperation in food and agriculture, including experience in developing countries, especially in countries that are vulnerable to disaster or other emerging risks.
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English and limited knowledge (intermediate – level B) of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish).
- Results Focus
- Leading, Engaging and Empowering
- Partnering and Advocating
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Strategic Thinking
- Experience in humanitarian settings and crisis contexts.
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions.
- Demonstrated experience in needs assessment, cluster coordination, UN consolidated appeal process, and/or emergency operations for Level 3 emergencies.
- Demonstrated experience in rehabilitation and humanitarian policy development, programme formulation, and implementation.
- Extent and relevance of experience at the international level in formulating policy and programming and managing field operations.
- Depth of experience in identifying and preparing program strategies and policy positions in humanitarian and transition contexts, at both global and country levels.
- The extent of knowledge of international humanitarian architecture, including agencies, NGOs, and other partners.
- Experience in response management and surge support coordination.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply
If you have any questions concerning Food and Agriculture Organization, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, with your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.