Field Museum Jobs in Chicago 2022/2023 Application Form Portal -Apply Now.
Field Museum Jobs Chicago: Curators work with museums and other organizations to collect, catalog, and display art and artifacts. They negotiate loans and acquisitions, raise funds, and record information about the pieces in their collections. see requirements, procedures and how to apply below.
Are you searching for field museum jobs chicago near me, field museum job opportunities, field museum jobs, chicago art museum jobs, Field Museum Careers Chicago, museum of science and industry chicago jobs, museum of science and industry careers, shedd aquarium jobs, art institute of chicago jobs, adler planetarium jobs, peggy notebaert nature museum jobs, field museum internships, and field museum staff? then this article is for you.
- KOMATSU Jobs Careers Portal
- Best Paying Jobs for Graduates in US
- 15 Best Library Jobs Near Me
- U.S. Department of State Recruitment
- Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic Job in Toronto
- Popular Jobs Sectors in United Kingdom (UK)
- Factory Jobs In Poland For Foreigners
- Caregiver Jobs in USA for Foreigners with Visa Sponsorship
- Part Time Student Jobs Birmingham No Experience
Chicago Field Museum Job Description
We are looking for a knowledgeable, attentive curator to help us expand and display our collection. The curator will negotiate purchases and loans to expand our collection, and collect and record information about artifacts and pieces, and work.
To succeed as a curator, you should be detail-oriented, organized, and focused on cultivating a robust collection of pieces. You should have strong project and resource management skills and an understanding of the type of pieces we collect.
|Hiring Organization||Field Museum|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 24 To USD 27 Per Hour|
|Location||Chicago, Illinois, United States 60605|
Our collection grew out of items on display in the World’s Columbian Exposition in the “White City.” The exposition delighted visitors with 65,000 exhibits filled with natural wonders and cultural artifacts, many of which later found a permanent home in Chicago at the newly created Field Columbian Museum.
We continue to research the objects in our collections, as well as document previously unknown species, conserve ecosystems in our backyard and across the globe, educate budding scientists, invite cross-cultural conversation, and more—all to ensure that our planet thrives for generations to come.
- Designing displays and exhibits.
- Ensuring that pieces not displayed are stored properly.
- Negotiating purchases and loans.
- Raising funds and obtaining grants to expand the collection, update facilities, or support research efforts.
- Updating websites to explain new attractions.
- Hiring, training, motivating, and managing staff members.
- Handling business tasks, such as budgets, marketing, and representing the business at public events.
Skills & Requirements
- Experience with museum databases and other applications.
- Comprehensive understanding of collection and fundraising.
- Strong negotiation, resource management, and people skills.
- Eye for detail and strong design instincts.
- Exceptional research and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or with other team members to achieve objectives.
- Disability Insurance.
- Retirement Plans.
- Paid Sick Leaves.
- Performance Bonus.
How to Apply for Field Museum Jobs Chicago
Interested person should kindly click on “APPLY NOW” below and follow all necessary requirement to start application:
If you have any questions concerning Field Museum Jobs in Chicago, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, to your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.