Agriculture and Finance Consultants: Applications are being accepted from qualified applicants for The Agriculture & Finance Consultants Recruitment 2022.
Table of Contents
Agriculture and Finance Consultants
Agriculture & Finance Consultants GmbH (AFC) is a private German consulting firm focusing on agricultural, agribusiness, and financial development projects in developing and transition countries. AFC was established in 1973. In 2007, AFC Consultants International GmbH became a member of GOPA Consulting Group, Germany’s largest group of consulting firms in development cooperation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title National Long-Term Advisor (NTLE) Agronomist (Legumes)
|Company||Agriculture & Finance Consultants (AFC)|
|Position||National Long-Term Advisor (NTLE) Agronomist (Legumes)|
The market-oriented agriculture programme in the North-West of Ghana (MOAP-NW) is part of the EU Ghana Agriculture Programme (EU-GAP). It is embedded in the GIZ “Sustainable Employment through Agribusiness (AgriBiz) Programme”.
It is implemented in 14 districts of the Upper West, Savannah & North-East regions, in close collaboration with the regional and district departments of Agriculture, MOAP-NW supports 7 value chains, among them being groundnut and soya.
MOAP-NW’s objective is to improve the quality of agricultural products and to strengthen the competitiveness of value chains.
The NLTE Agronomist (Legumes) will be part of the technical team based in Wa. Working closely with the NLTE Agronomist (Cereals). (S)he will be working on all activities impacting legume production, aggregation, processing, and marketing. There will be close interaction with other components of the EU-GAP
Specific key tasks
• Define good agricultural practices to be promoted
• Elaborate training curricula (competency-based training) and training material
• Incorporate the training of extension agents and supervise the training of trainers
• Train the agricultural advisors of large off-takers (processors, exporters) Design demonstration and learning fields and analyze data
• Maintain an information database and remain up-to-date and knowledgeable about developments in the legumes sector
• Record data to be fed into the M&E System & contribute to quarterly & annual reports
Qualification Required & Experience
• B.Sc. minimum, M.Sc. desirable, in Agriculture, Agricultural Technology, Agricultural Sciences
• Minimum 5 years of professional experience in agricultural sector development, with at least 3 years professional experience in a comparable position
• Excellent understanding of agricultural development issues
• Extensive knowledge of climate change adaptation measures, soil conservation, water harvesting, irrigated agriculture, cultivation of soya, cultivation of groundnut, mechanization
• Strong experience in agricultural value chain development/effective collaboration with private & public sector
• Experience in results-based monitoring and report writing
• Skilled in project communication and the development of communication material
• Experience in working in a multi-cultural environment, good interpersonal and negotiation skills
• Good working knowledge of the Upper West, Savannah, and North-East regions of Ghana
• Proof of familiarity with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
Other knowledge, additional competences
• A professional interest in staying abreast of new developments in agriculture
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills
• Ability to manage your own time and responsibilities independently
• Strong managerial and organizational competence
• Willingness to travel frequently, especially within North-West Ghana
• Fluent written and oral knowledge of English / Oral proficiency in one or more local languages of North-West Ghana
- Mastercard Foundation Recruitment
- UNDP Ghana Recruitment
- Hollard Insurance Ghana Limited Recruitment
- Phytotec Limited Recruitment
- Food and Agriculture Organization Recruitment
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified applicants are requested to submit their application, no later than 7th October 2022, consisting of a cover letter and an updated CV (of not more than 5 pages). These documents shall be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions concerning AmaliTech Ghana Recruitment, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, with your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.